Free agent thread

49erurtaza

55 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Week 1 D/ST:

LAC- @Cin

IND- @JAX

PHI- WAS

GB- @MN

I think I'm leaning Indy but I got a feeling the matchup isn't quite as good as I think it is. I did originally draft the LAC def but without Derwin, they lose their upside.

GB is probably my #2 choice.

Thoughts?

Green Bay is likely not even in the conversation for me here. The other three all have far superior opponents, Philly is at home, etc. Chargers probably would be my choice....they could give up some points, but rookie quarterback and that pass rush? I really like that upside, Derwin or no. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2020 at 10:26 AM, KellChippy said:

Is Herndon’s upside good enough for me to drop Boston Scott? 

Depends on what your tight end situation is. Boston Scott should never see the field for a team unless its a super deep league (guessing it's not if Herndon is available). He's like an rb5 in a 12 man league, so if I waited to pick a tight end, I'd probably more likely want to carry Herndon than Scott. 

• Like 1

These guys went undrafted in my big money league

WR: 

Parris Campbell- does Phillip Rivers target his slots?? 

Anthony Miller- fantasy pros hyping him up, does he even have a ceiling as a WR2 with a weak QB? 

Laviska Shenault- I know he is a rookie, but if he wasn’t hurt would have been a first rounder. I believe in the talent, and the Jags will he throwing the ball a lot. 

who do you guys like for a breakout on 2020 in Full ppr? I really like all 3???

Edited by Humble_Beast

23 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

These guys went undrafted in my big money league

WR: 

Parris Campbell- does Phillip Rivers target his slots?? 

Anthony Miller- fantasy pros hyping him up, does he even have a ceiling as a WR2 with a weak QB? 

Laviska Shenault- I know he is a rookie, but if he wasn’t hurt would have been a first rounder. I believe in the talent, and the Jags will he throwing the ball a lot. 

who do you guys like for a breakout on 2020 in Full ppr? I really like all 3???

From weeks 10-15, Miller was on a quite a run this was also post Taylor Gabriel. Even if Mitch starts off the season, I wouldn't mind Miller as my WR4. Maybe WR3 in Deeper leagues.

52 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

From weeks 10-15, Miller was on a quite a run this was also post Taylor Gabriel. Even if Mitch starts off the season, I wouldn't mind Miller as my WR4. Maybe WR3 in Deeper leagues.

What about Parris Campbell?? Hollywood, McLaurin, Aj Brown getting all the hype but could Parris match them??

my current team in Full PPR: 

RB: CEH, Jacobs, Taylor, Monty, Moss, Armstead

WR: JuJu, Woods, Ridley, Chark, D Johnson 

Sony/Duke Johnson/Bryce Love are also there on waivers...

3 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Week 1 D/ST:

LAC- @Cin

IND- @JAX

PHI- WAS

GB- @MN

I think I'm leaning Indy but I got a feeling the matchup isn't quite as good as I think it is. I did originally draft the LAC def but without Derwin, they lose their upside.

GB is probably my #2 choice.

Thoughts?

FWIW Indy has a nice schedule to start year so you won’t have to play games playing matchups.

Id probably go Philly as my #2 choice.

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Depends on what your tight end situation is. Boston Scott should never see the field for a team unless its a super deep league (guessing it's not if Herndon is available). He's like an rb5 in a 12 man league, so if I waited to pick a tight end, I'd probably more likely want to carry Herndon than Scott. 

That’s the thing, it is a pretty deep league and Herndon definitely shouldn’t be available.  I have Kittle, and typically wouldn’t roster another TE, but the next best tight end in FA is Ian Thomas.

I am very deep at wr.  This is a two flex league, and I plan on starting four wrs.

I could see a scenario where Herndon has a high floor and I start him at flex2 during the bye weeks, or he could provide trade value.

This league is full ppr and gives .5 pts for 10 return yards making Scott more valuable than normal.  I could see 10-15 pts here and there.  Though, I will still probably never start him pending injuries.

I think I should keep Scott since I lack rb depth but I’m annoyed Herndon is sitting in FA.

4 minutes ago, KellChippy said:

That’s the thing, it is a pretty deep league and Herndon definitely shouldn’t be available.  I have Kittle, and typically wouldn’t roster another TE, but the next best tight end in FA is Ian Thomas.

I am very deep at wr.  This is a two flex league, and I plan on starting four wrs.

I could see a scenario where Herndon has a high floor and I start him at flex2 during the bye weeks, or he could provide trade value.

This league is full ppr and gives .5 pts for 10 return yards making Scott more valuable than normal.  I could see 10-15 pts here and there.  Though, I will still probably never start him pending injuries.

I think I should keep Scott since I lack rb depth but I’m annoyed Herndon is sitting in FA.

I'd have to see your team to know what the rest of your flex options are, tbh. I'm really hesitant to carry two tight ends when my starter is Kittle, though I get the frustration at having Herndon out there. With the extra for return yards, it should give Scott more value, so I see the problem there. 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd have to see your team to know what the rest of your flex options are, tbh. I'm really hesitant to carry two tight ends when my starter is Kittle, though I get the frustration at having Herndon out there. With the extra for return yards, it should give Scott more value, so I see the problem there. 

Just posted in the rate my team thread.  I initially refrained because Stephen Sims seems like the easy odd man out, but with the return yards he could blow up.  I’m pretty set on keeping him

2 minutes ago, KellChippy said:

Just posted in the rate my team thread.  I initially refrained because Stephen Sims seems like the easy odd man out, but with the return yards he could blow up.  I’m pretty set on keeping him

So in your situation, I Think the answer is probably Ty Montgomery. I don't know what his return status is, but as a usable piece on offense, despite the reports of a great camp, I just don't know how much volume is coming his way. I think on a week to week basis, Herndon probably gives you more points than Montgomery 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

So in your situation, I Think the answer is probably Ty Montgomery. I don't know what his return status is, but as a usable piece on offense, despite the reports of a great camp, I just don't know how much volume is coming his way. I think on a week to week basis, Herndon probably gives you more points than Montgomery 

Sorry I should’ve specified, I forgot about Ty.  I meant David Montgomery.

Just now, KellChippy said:

Sorry I should’ve specified, I forgot about Ty.  I meant David Montgomery.

oh, yeah....in that case...I kind of am not worried about Herndon. If you could trade two lesser players for a better one and create a roster spot, fine. But otherwise, as much as it sucks, I'd just let him go (Herndon that is). Someone may just get better if he breaks out...at this point, you're basically just picking him up to block him from others based on your roster. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

oh, yeah....in that case...I kind of am not worried about Herndon. If you could trade two lesser players for a better one and create a roster spot, fine. But otherwise, as much as it sucks, I'd just let him go (Herndon that is). Someone may just get better if he breaks out...at this point, you're basically just picking him up to block him from others based on your roster. 

Yeah, you’re right, appreciate the response. Blocking another owner wouldn’t outweigh the potential benefit of Scott with my weak rb group.

On 9/3/2020 at 2:19 PM, NcFinest9erFan said:

He could still hold out for ten games? Come back then be eligible for FA next year? right?

I thought this was true when I answered this, but I was wrong.

With the new CBA,  any type of holdout would revert him to restricted FA status next year.