Free agent thread

49erurtaza

Drop Jordan Howard or Randall Cobb for Jimmy G? 10 man PPR league

RBs Jacobs, Bell, Howard, Lindsay, Love, Swift, J. Taylor

WRs Adams, Cobb, Green, Kirk, Landry, D. Samuel, Woods

Thinking about staying put and seeing how guys on my team do for a week or so and have Rivers as my QB1m I usually dont carry 2 QBs but with this weird offseason and the pandemic going on maybe it would be smart to carry another one.

19 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Would you guys cut Randall Cobb for Devontae Freeman? 

My WRs are Chris Godwin, DJ Moore, DJ Chark, Terry McLaurin, CeeDee Lamb, Randall Cobb. 

Have to start 3. 

Cobb could be sneaky good this year in a PPR league working the middle of the field with Cooks, Fuller and Stills all doing the exact same thing and thats being burners in that offense. No one else in that offense does what Cobb does. I have him and kinda wanna stash him to see what he does. Isnt Freeman still a FA? and he has looked over the hill the past 2-3 years imo

4 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Thinking about staying put and seeing how guys on my team do for a week or so and have Rivers as my QB1m I usually dont carry 2 QBs but with this weird offseason and the pandemic going on maybe it would be smart to carry another one.

I would stay put.  Rivers is shaky but I imagine there are plenty of streamable options in FA in a ten team.  

If you’re worried that most of the other teams have multiple qbs, some of those qbs are bound to get dropped the first few weeks for upside wrs/rbs.

Edited by KellChippy

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Is James Robinson worth a stash? 

Depends upon your roster to be honest, say if you have 2 TEs one of them being Kelce or Kittle I would drop the lesser TE. RBs can be hard to come by during the season. Both Robinson and Armstead are unknowns at this point and we know what Thompson’s role will be in a pass catching RB. 

On 9/7/2020 at 7:41 AM, mattyice0401 said:

Not going to lie, I'm confused how you are in a 10 man league and only ended up with Rivers as your QB1 because that's a bit on the brutal side. 

I'd probably prefer Jimmy over the course of an entire season, but the difference isn't big enough that you should be overly concerned about it yet. No harm in riding it out for a week. If you decide to go that route, no doubt that Cobb is the guy you can let go. I actually like him in that offense, but he's just never going to play with those wide receivers. 

21 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Is James Robinson worth a stash? 

Need more info on the league, tbh. I'd probably say no unless you are in completely dire straits at the position as I wouldn't expect him to ever be productive enough (this season) to be worth the spot. I'm not even sure he would be if he got like 60-65% of the Jags carries. I'd much rather grab a high end handcuff. I'd rather have Benny Snell, for instance (Mattison and Pollard are probably drafted and rostered, so thinking of someone who may not be in a regular league) 

On 9/6/2020 at 11:49 AM, holt_bruce81 said:

Would you guys cut Randall Cobb for Devontae Freeman? 

My WRs are Chris Godwin, DJ Moore, DJ Chark, Terry McLaurin, CeeDee Lamb, Randall Cobb. 

Have to start 3. 

There is no reason to roster Freeman even if he did sign somewhere imo 

30 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not going to lie, I'm confused how you are in a 10 man league and only ended up with Rivers as your QB1 because that's a bit on the brutal side. 

I'd probably prefer Jimmy over the course of an entire season, but the difference isn't big enough that you should be overly concerned about it yet. No harm in riding it out for a week. If you decide to go that route, no doubt that Cobb is the guy you can let go. I actually like him in that offense, but he's just never going to play with those wide receivers. 

Yea I mean there gotta be better options...Big Ben/Burrow heck even really late Minshew/Bridgewater

46 minutes ago, Forge said:

I usually only draft one QB and waited till late in the draft to grab a QB, ( Drafted Rivers in the 15th round of a 18 round draft) The point differential between QBs is pretty small by the end of the season kind of like TEs unless youre Patty Cakes or Lamar Jackson and I wasnt going to draft a QB in the first 3 rounds. One guy also drafted 3 QBs while drafting Patty cakes in the 2nd round. I am probably more high on Rivers more so than others this year, why? I have no idea to be honest maybe its because of the pretty good O line he has Is what Im telling myself and can also see a pretty good connection between him and TY along with the 2 pretty good TEs he has along with the RB rotation. If he can get me between 17 and 25 points a week Im happy with that with the way I draft.