Free agent thread

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

So what to do with Brees? I don't want to overreact to his performance but Aaron Rodger is on the Waiver and I currently have a waiver in for him...Thoughts?

I'm biased but I would probably drop Brees for Rodgers. One looked good yesterday and the other one, not so much.

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

So what to do with Brees? I don't want to overreact to his performance but Aaron Rodger is on the Waiver and I currently have a waiver in for him...Thoughts?

I would make that move.  Rodgers is younger and did look good against a good D.  I would also consider dropping someone else and keeping both and playing match-ups.  

40 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I would make that move.  Rodgers is younger and did look good against a good D.  I would also consider dropping someone else and keeping both and playing match-ups.  

As a Vikings fan I wouldnt say are defense is good. There will be a lot of growing pains this year with our young secondary.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

As a Vikings fan I wouldnt say are defense is good. There will be a lot of growing pains this year with our young secondary.

Yep and Rodgers gets Detroit next week, they allowed mitch to score 42 in my league.

Now brees plays LVR this week and he could end up having a typical day but what if he's down to a "game manager " and a rod is back?

22 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Yep and Rodgers gets Detroit next week, they allowed mitch to score 42 in my league.

Now brees plays LVR this week and he could end up having a typical day but what if he's down to a "game manager " and a rod is back?

From what Ive read A rod was dropping dimes all game, I was just saying the Vikings defense isnt going to be very good this year imo, A lot of young CBs and we lost Pierce after he opted out Which makes us like last year susceptible at running up the middle. That may change when we get Hunter back with giving our secondary more of a pass rush but who knows. Trust me Id love to have a motivated Rodgers on my squad.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

From what Ive read A rod was dropping dimes all game, I was just saying the Vikings defense isnt going to be very good this year imo, A lot of young CBs and we lost Pierce after he opted out Which makes us like last year susceptible at running up the middle. That may change when we get Hunter back with giving our secondary more of a pass rush but who knows. Trust me Id love to have a motivated Rodgers on my squad.

Yeah Rodgers seem more decisive with the ball yesterday. The Arod from the past few years tend to hold on to the ball and wait for the home run hit instead of simply taking what was given to him.

Should I drop hardman for josh kelly? .5ppr

RBs are CMC, Sanders, Mostert, Mattison, Dobbins

WRs are Golladay, DJ Moore, Chark, Ruggs, TY Hilton, Hardman

its a 2RB, 2WR, 2 Flex league. So I can play 4RBs if needed and then just roll with Ruggs/Moore/golladay to start

I know it was just one game, but hardman was the 4th WR in terms of snap count. I hate to abandon guys week 1 but I liked what I saw from kelly 

28 minutes ago, N4L said:

Should I drop hardman for josh kelly? .5ppr

RBs are CMC, Sanders, Mostert, Mattison, Dobbins

WRs are Golladay, DJ Moore, Chark, Ruggs, TY Hilton, Hardman

its a 2RB, 2WR, 2 Flex league. So I can play 4RBs if needed and then just roll with Ruggs/Moore/golladay to start

I know it was just one game, but hardman was the 4th WR in terms of snap count. I hate to abandon guys week 1 but I liked what I saw from kelly 

I don't have much interest in Hardman without injuries. I'd be comfortable dropping him for just about anyone. 

If you can get Hines, jump all over that. H'es on the wire in a few of my leagues. 

• Like 2

Pending transactions in my big money league. Probably won't get them all, but have to put in for them: 

*Drop Mack (obviously) for Hines - Hines was a guy on my radar before the start of the season because he'll get the passing down work and we know rivers loves to throw to the running back (Austin Ekeler), and it's PPR. Now he may get carries to boot.  Obviously, he's going to be a priority waiver for a lot of people, and I'm 7th, so unlikely I get him. 

*Drop Zack Moss for Malcolm Brown - Brown got a lot of volume yesterday, and is clearly going to get some tds while he's in the rotation. I already have Akers as well. This is a redraft league, so Moss for future use doesn't apply. Allen snaking short yardage work, and an even split on carries leaves me cold. 

*Drop Tyrod Taylor for Mitch Trubisky. I mean, why not? I drafted Tyrod for the running...not sure if he'll do that or not, but his ceiling is always capped. Trubs maybe has the higher fantasy ceiling. I could go with Minshew or Lock as well. 

*Dropping Jonnu Smith for Dallas Goedert. Obviously Smith ahs to play tonight, but super encouraged by the fact that Goedert had over 70% snap share in yesterdays game compared to Ertz's 80%. I think that this is an offense that will make both tight ends relevant. Both finished in the top 10 last year as well. I do worry that there will be some lean games. 

Any objections? 

42 minutes ago, Forge said:

Pending transactions in my big money league. Probably won't get them all, but have to put in for them: 

*Drop Mack (obviously) for Hines - Hines was a guy on my radar before the start of the season because he'll get the passing down work and we know rivers loves to throw to the running back (Austin Ekeler), and it's PPR. Now he may get carries to boot.  Obviously, he's going to be a priority waiver for a lot of people, and I'm 7th, so unlikely I get him. 

*Drop Zack Moss for Malcolm Brown - Brown got a lot of volume yesterday, and is clearly going to get some tds while he's in the rotation. I already have Akers as well. This is a redraft league, so Moss for future use doesn't apply. Allen snaking short yardage work, and an even split on carries leaves me cold. 

*Drop Tyrod Taylor for Mitch Trubisky. I mean, why not? I drafted Tyrod for the running...not sure if he'll do that or not, but his ceiling is always capped. Trubs maybe has the higher fantasy ceiling. I could go with Minshew or Lock as well. 

*Dropping Jonnu Smith for Dallas Goedert. Obviously Smith ahs to play tonight, but super encouraged by the fact that Goedert had over 70% snap share in yesterdays game compared to Ertz's 80%. I think that this is an offense that will make both tight ends relevant. Both finished in the top 10 last year as well. I do worry that there will be some lean games. 

Any objections? 

I’m not buying Trubisky right now with Minshew or Lock available. The stat line and points from yesterday are pretty misleading IMO. He was 12-26 for 153 going into the 4th Quarter with no TDs. Heck, he was 12 for 14 for 159 yards and 2 TDs on just 1st down, the other 3 downs he was 8 for 22. Most of his success was based on the Lions not being able to stop the run giving him easy passes. That just doesn’t scream sustainable to me when you factor in how terrible the Lions D is. 

3 minutes ago, winitall said:

I’m not buying Trubisky right now with Minshew or Lock available. The stat line and points from yesterday are pretty misleading IMO. He was 12-26 for 153 going into the 4th Quarter with no TDs. Heck, he was 12 for 14 for 159 yards and 2 TDs on just 1st down, the other 3 downs he was 8 for 22. Most of his success was based on the Lions not being able to stop the run giving him easy passes. That just doesn’t scream sustainable to me when you factor in how terrible the Lions D is. 

Don't really care much about the passing efficiency, tbh. We all know he's awful. But I'm curious about volume, and running. Trubisky does have a prior history of success in running with the ball, which is big. He's not used it much the last year, which is a little confusing, though I'm hoping he gets back to it some. And Nagy just throws the ball a ton compared to Marrone it feels like (not sure what we are looking at with Lock as of yet) 

In truth, the player to go after here may be Teddy B if I just want the best pure upside from a passing perspective. Not sure. What do you think? 

This is my third QB spot, so I'm not really caring much on it, but even by QB3 standards, Tyrod was pretty brutal lol