Monster Village Mafia - The Village is destroyed, Werewolves win!

rackcs

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I actually planned for this from the get go.  I knew that if I had to eventually out my role, I'd get thrown this, defense, which is why I left lots of subtle clues along the way so I could easily debunk it.  Let me go dig those up.

Yes, I have little doubt you set up your mislynch attempt. Don't care, doesn't matter. That's not my role name.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Yes, I have little doubt you set up your mislynch attempt. Don't care, doesn't matter. That's not my role name.

What exactly could possibly be his reason of going through this much trouble to get you lynched? If he is scum, they could simply hit you.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

What exactly could possibly be his reason of going through this much trouble to get you lynched? If he is scum, they could simply hit you.

Vampires just lost their killer. It's possible they don't have a killer anymore. There's zero evidence of another scum faction in the game. Maybe he's godfather. Maybe I was framed or janitored last Night. All I know is his result is wrong.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I actually planned for this from the get go.  I knew that if I had to eventually out my role, I'd get thrown this, defense, which is why I left lots of subtle clues along the way so I could easily debunk it.  Let me go dig those up.

They are outlined below.

16 hours ago, Daniel said:

That sounds werewolfish, right?

Outside of one post I made at almost the same instant the write up came (so it's technically the second), this is my first post after the writeup.  I immediately point to the flavor, which really could have been a lot of things.

The second one.  Torn to shreds, fast moving.  If we've got a witch, Dracula, and Frankenstein's monster, that sounds like a werewolf to me.

Here I'm actually responding to Blue asking which kill I was referring to.  Again, I wanted to cement a clue that I knew Blue was scum based on my result.

So, my scum vibes from Day 1: I don't know about inactives.  I haven't played here before.

I will say that anyone who's scum list is focused on inactives is either lazy or scummy.

Squire could be town, but if he is, I hope he'll be more helpful and not just dodgy.  I still get a scummy read from him, especially since when he threw out a scum list, it was inactives.  But, he's not at the top of my list.

Malf/Matts are a mason pair, sure, but they might also be the only scum in their alignment.  We have vampire alignment, so there could be different scum factions.  If that's the case, and their WC involves both, one outing the other doesn't seem as crazy or desperate.  That said, talking like Frankenstein the whole time seems a pretty dickish thing to do to someone if they're scum.

There are some others I picked up on catching up (it's late and I'll get to them later), but I really want to say that I think Blue is the scummiest player so far.  And unless we have outstanding evidence to the contrary, he's likely my vote for the day.

Bold added here.  This is my first post fingering Blue, and as yall can see, I sound very confident, because I had an investigation result.  MWil even commented on how confident I seemed in a read, which is why I started walking it back a little bit.

15 hours ago, Daniel said:

This caught my attention pretty early.  Blue was the second vote for Josh early on.  As many have pointed out in cases against KSJ, the first lynch push was obviously not going to happen.  I had to be explained this whole joke, and the reason I asked was because I do actually think it likely that one of the early votes on Josh (minus the original) were scum, if they're scum players like Blue who know not to be totally inactive.  This is a classic Blue scum move: do a lynch vote early on to appear active and trying, not be the first to initiate it so as not to draw attention to yourself.

This was me asking for info on the whole Josh meta joke thing, because I figured there was something in there to mine for scum, I just needed context, and finding the game would give me said context.

The reason I asked this one was because I was already looking, specifically, at Blue.  He didn't play in that game.  The answers I got seem to have been that it isn't totally everywhere.  More points in Blue's direction, but nothing too solid yet.

There are a lot of these.  Blue spent the first part of Day 1 mostly lurking.  Ironically enough, him liking so many of my posts during that phase clued me in that he was around, just not posting.  Which is kind of weird, if Blue is by himself.  When he did post, he didn't push people, he didn't really investigate cases, he just made comments on what everyone else was doing that were extremely general, which is another scum move on his part.  You can't single out too many people, or you draw their attention.

Nothing wrong with this, at first.  It's a logical argument, except he doesn't actually change his vote to push it.  Just voices the opinion.

Here is just a few posts later, in response to Malf or Matts (I didn't write down which one).  For someone who advocated lynching one of them, he seems to be backing off like crazy.

This is a few minutes after.  After telling one of them he's not lynching them (and he wasn't), he again posits that they're scum without actually taking a position by voting.

And here he advocates yet another position.  No lynching.  This is really, really, suspiciously indecisive for someone who isn't an incompetent player.  Especially in such a short time.

Now he's shifting his advocacy to Pickle, who was picking up steam at the time.

Just a reminder that Blue advocated a no lynch just before this.  Again, this whole time, his vote is still on Josh.

This is in response to bcb.  Near the end of the day, after already stating (correctly) that making cases against anyone that isn't Matts, Malf, Pickle, or squire is a waste of time and likely to lead to a mislynch, he soft attacks bcb.

Here, he finally actually changes his vote.  Pickle was picking up steam at this point, and Blue's vote IIRC put him past Matts/Malf in the voting.  Blue was ok piling onto a lynch, in fact, he didn't care which one it was, he just waited to see which way the wind would blow while advocating softly for every position, without going all in on any one position until it became pretty clear that Pickle was going to be lynched.  He even expressed his desire not to be the deciding vote.  It's been a while since I played with Blue, but I don't remember him ever actually being this indecisive when there was as much info as we had at this point.

When I asked him about the flavor, it was a test.  Vampire alignment is clearly not aligned with whatever the other is, since the other killer killed Orca.  I knew what the flavor looked like, there's no reason to actually ask about flavor, unless you're looking for a reaction.  The werewolf thing seems pretty obvious to me when we already have a list of classic monsters and we have something fast moving tearing people to shreds.  I just wanted to see if Blue would deflect away again.  And he did.
Anyone who saw my question would know which one I was talking about since it's explicit in the writeup that Dracula killed one.  This is Blue continuing to try looking active while not actually contributing.  It's the best way to keep a low profile: don't be inactive, but don't post too much or too substantively.  Here, he wouldn't even just say "yeah, that sounds like a werewolf, what's your point?" as any townie would.  He dodges naming them because it's his faction.

Blue is our werewolf yall.

Here's the main one.  I had to stretch logic to assume Blue was a werewolf on thread play alone, and if you'll reread the rest of the post, you'll see there was really no way for me to know specifically that he was a werewolf.  I just added that in there so I could defend myself from the obvious defense if I had to straight up out him.

But investigators trying to not out themselves was pretty common in WF mafia games.  It's the logical move.  You try to get someone you investigate as scum lynched without putting a big target on your back, and if you can't, you can always just tell everyone to make sure they lynch the scum.

It's also why I cautioned everyone not to lynch anyone until I got back.  I wasn't done making my case, and kept this in my back pocket.  I forgot to multiquote that one, so I'll get it in my next post.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Vampires just lost their killer. It's possible they don't have a killer anymore. There's zero evidence of another scum faction in the game. Maybe he's godfather. Maybe I was framed or janitored last Night. All I know is his result is wrong.

The haunt faction at the beginning of the game?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

That seems incredibly far fetched.

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

Bingo. 

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

They are outlined below.

Outside of one post I made at almost the same instant the write up came (so it's technically the second), this is my first post after the writeup.  I immediately point to the flavor, which really could have been a lot of things.

Here I'm actually responding to Blue asking which kill I was referring to.  Again, I wanted to cement a clue that I knew Blue was scum based on my result.

Bold added here.  This is my first post fingering Blue, and as yall can see, I sound very confident, because I had an investigation result.  MWil even commented on how confident I seemed in a read, which is why I started walking it back a little bit.

Here's the main one.  I had to stretch logic to assume Blue was a werewolf on thread play alone, and if you'll reread the rest of the post, you'll see there was really no way for me to know specifically that he was a werewolf.  I just added that in there so I could defend myself from the obvious defense if I had to straight up out him.

But investigators trying to not out themselves was pretty common in WF mafia games.  It's the logical move.  You try to get someone you investigate as scum lynched without putting a big target on your back, and if you can't, you can always just tell everyone to make sure they lynch the scum.

It's also why I cautioned everyone not to lynch anyone until I got back.  I wasn't done making my case, and kept this in my back pocket.  I forgot to multiquote that one, so I'll get it in my next post.

You walked your read back because you didn't have anything. Just because you set up a claim that I'm a werewolf (I am not) doesn't make it true. "stretch logic" is a generous way of saying you didn't have anything.

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

Possibly, but they didn't have a kill Night 1.

23 minutes ago, Blue said:

You walked your read back because you didn't have anything. Just because you set up a claim that I'm a werewolf (I am not) doesn't make it true. "stretch logic" is a generous way of saying you didn't have anything.

Possibly, but they didn't have a kill Night 1.

Unless it was blocked 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Shrug I'm good with investigation result 

Blue 

Though I'm assuming from the write up he's a SK or Orca was 

Orca was clearly Mafia and the fact that Daboyle tried to softclaim credit for it makes that obvious.

Just now, Counselor said:

Unless it was blocked 

Which would make bcb the other scum killer, if there is one.