FIRE LEBEAU!!!

ttitansfan4life

35 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

HAHAHA 

"FIRE EVERYONE" 

Classic

Nope I'm fine with Mularkey(for now), definitely fine with Robinson, LeBeau and Townsend need to be fired. Townsend never had any right to be hired as DB anyway but then again most coaches on this staff don't belong as coaches at this level. Only a few coaches actually deserve to have jobs on this staff. If LeBeau's name wasn't LeBeau, he likely wouldn't of made it this far.

54 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Nope I'm fine with Mularkey(for now), definitely fine with Robinson, LeBeau and Townsend need to be fired. Townsend never had any right to be hired as DB anyway but then again most coaches on this staff don't belong as coaches at this level. Only a few coaches actually deserve to have jobs on this staff. If LeBeau's name wasn't LeBeau, he likely wouldn't of made it this far.

Okay see this. As long as we aren't calling for Mikes head or Jrob I'm cool cause those two guys have done a pretty damn good job turning this place around. People are quick to forget just how bad we really were.. 

LeBeau on the other hand is in question. The defense has under preformed imo. Casey isn't making a impact like he should (I know hes been dealing with some injury but still) McCain being on the field at all. KB should be making a bigger impact. I just don't think we are using our guys right.

Idk something needs to be done. I just knew if we talked about it yesterday it would lead to FIRE EVERYONE and it did lol and that's silly.

I just want to go back to the 4-3 defense. I know a lot of this league seems to be 3-4 now but a good 4-3 coach could do wonders with this team. To me I feel guys like Morgan and Casey are playing out of position. Sure they're playing well in the 3-4 but I just feel they can do so much better.  We have the players for a 4-3 so it's not like we'd need to change much. Morgan and Orakpo at ends with Casey as the UT with Jones at DT. Good depth behind them and with Klug and Johnson. LB wise may be a little tricky but at least you have a quicker LB to play Will in Jayon Brown. I think it's time to move back. Still thinking if Marvin Lewis is fired and he still wants to coach, then he'd be my top guy. He's been in this league a long time and has coached some great defenses. Just wishful thinking.

2 hours ago, VY-FTW said:

Yeah you right. All I want is to compete for a division title. LOL. 

There are worse coaching staffs out there. But whatever the sky is falling time to freak out. 

Im all for cutting McCain though. Said it last year. THE GUY SUCKS. Get him off my team. Did Jrob sign him? If so we better fire him as well. 

I don't know that we can prove that. We can't prove that there are a lot of them. We've seen Mularkeys track record and see that they absolutely failed to make any adjustments capable of doing anything yesterday. I think he did a great job getting this offensive line to work well together and I think he did a good job last year, but I think his style has a ceiling. He's already exceeded expectations and, knowing our luck, has probably more than peaked.

55 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I don't know that we can prove that. We can't prove that there are a lot of them. We've seen Mularkeys track record and see that they absolutely failed to make any adjustments capable of doing anything yesterday. I think he did a great job getting this offensive line to work well together and I think he did a good job last year, but I think his style has a ceiling. He's already exceeded expectations and, knowing our luck, has probably more than peaked.

He did a fine job at adjusting at halftime a couple weeks ago vs the jags and last week vs the seahawks but that doesn't count?

A great job with the Oline is a understatement when we pretty much have the best Oline in football... BUT WHATEVER. Some of you will legit never be happy...

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Hmm....

Okay. Wonder if we can hire someone in a capacity, such as being a "head" coach, who could be responsible for the other coaches and make the necessary adjustments or at least tell them to make the necessary adjustments. Oh wait, you mean we already have a guy? Wonder where he was on Sunday...

10 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

As if sticking to your philosophy and the things you do best to start the game, or opening up the playbook and spreading things more when you need to catch up is something Mularkey suddenly invented, or a negative thing? The fact that you like to hang on to the notion that Mularkey or the system is somehow the one holding Marcus back is not the bigger picture. He sure was able to shine in the same system last year. The fact remains that he's still not as consistent as you'd like him to be, and it's not that they haven't tried to get him involved early in games in different ways, it's just that at times he struggles to do so. Not only that, but the defense is clearly a bigger issue this year (it was still at times last year as well, like against SD, but not nearly as big), and that makes it harder to play the type of football they want to play.

Again another guy that doesn’t read into context what I’m saying, so ready to debate & miss the whole point. 

Yes Mariota did progress well & showed promised last yr, but tell me how many games did Mariota light it up when our run game was none existent, & when I say run game I’m talking offense as a whole, because I know most of y’all like to look into stats where Murray or Henry didn’t run over a 100 yards, but if you add up Mariota yards & Henry & Murray there were games we still ran the ball effectively.

what I am saying is facts, mularkey doesn’t know how to adjust & how to attack a defense, he’s just like Jeff fisher he sticks to all he knows. Mularkey hasn’t yet given Mariota the keys to the offense, he has yet build an offense tailored to his strengths. Though he has built an offensive line to protect him & drafted play makers around him, he still haven’t put it together.

7 hours ago, VY-FTW said:

He did a fine job at adjusting at halftime a couple weeks ago vs the jags and last week vs the seahawks but that doesn't count?

A great job with the Oline is a understatement when we pretty much have the best Oline in football... BUT WHATEVER. Some of you will legit never be happy...

It wasn't really adjusting. It was simply calling counters to plays that we had been running all game and they bit hard on it and we scored on big plays in both games. Outside of the 3rd quarter against the Jags and Seahawks our team has looked like trash. So yes, I guess props to our coaching staff for fielding a competent team in 2 or 3 out of 16 quarters of football this season.

A great job is not an understatement. We have two top ten(ish) picks on our OL, it better finally be good. And we have far from the best OL in football. Once again, outside of the third quarter against the Seahawks and Jaguars, who basically gave up, our run game has looked awful too. Pass protection has been great, but we also leave in 14 people to block on pass plays, so that's to be expected.

No, after letting a rookie score 57 points "some" people aren't going to be happy. You are blindly defending the coaching staff at this point.

6 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Since Week 6 last year, we've given up:

That's.... not good. Granted, I'm not going into any great detail on how many were pick 6s or which times the defense started on the wrong side of the field.

Some would just say to focus on the 16, 17, and 10. Woah that's some elite defense. 

6 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

That's.... not good. Granted, I'm not going into any great detail on how many were pick 6s or which times the defense started on the wrong side of the field.

26.9 PPG allowed in that stretch.

Only 4 teams averaged that many points offensively last year and only 5 so far this season. We're asking an offensive that's not built for shootouts to put up at least 27.0 PPG to stand a chance.

Not good at all...

From the USA Today power ranking this week. Good stuff. LOL!

Someone in that defensive coaching staff needs to be fired at the bye week break.

"14. Titans (7): Defense has been exotically smashed in the mouth so far this season, allowing 26-plus points and 350-plus yards in three of four contests."

8 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

That's definitely not good... but why start with week 6 last year?  If we're going to pick and choose where we start and end, lets take away last week's outlier from that same stretch, and the average drops from 26.9 to 24.7.  Still not good, but slightly better.  We also happened to score 26.8 ppg during that same stretch... (and carried a 9-5 record)... 

If we include all games last year, and still remove the ugly outlier that was this past week, the average goes down to 23.1 points given up per game.  

I'm not turning a blind eye to the problems on defense... if anything, I've been on that point since FA and the draft.  I never agreed with Robinson's approach to the defense... focusing on the rush defense that finished 2nd last year overall and not bolstering a pass defense that finished 30th overall.  Even the pieces brough in for the secondary include:  Ryan, who's better in the slot, and who's game is augmented by his run stopping ability from the CB position... a SS who's a traditional in-the-box-safety and who would have been better suited in a hybrid LBer role... a CB who only went in the 1st because of his STs ability, when so many seemingly better pure CB prospects were still available.  

And yet, here we sit still living near the bottom in pass defense (29th).  (And our run defense has suffered as well... although to be fair, that ranking is widely skewed due to last week's game... dropping them from 10th to 21st in run d)

I don't want my point to be taken as excuses for the coaching staff.  Getting exposed by the Texans is embarrassing.  They failed to adjust and they failed to prepare the players.  I'm just saying the issues go further than just blaming the coaching staff.  We knew the issues with our defense from last year, and our approach to acquiring new players to fix those issues were questionable.  Some of the tackling issues, losing man responsibilities behind the LOS, getting outplayed, and other things like that are on the players.  It's a whole team issue right now.  If it continues, LeBeau will definitely take the fall for it.  Fair or not, that's the nature of the business.  We expect more.  Midseason though... I just don't see it happening... nor do I see the benefit from it.  

Archived