FIRE LEBEAU!!!

ttitansfan4life

9 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

It’s a Waste of time trying to get them to see the big picture. All they keep saying well when we win everyone praises the coaching staff, or why fire a guy that turned our organization around in 1 season. They just don’t see the big picture, they don’t see that malarkey is hindering Marcus from reaching elite potential, because he wants our qb, to play under center & manage the game. We drafted 2 play making WRs & a TE with scary potential to be used sparingly, because we're this smash mouth run the football down your throat team. Mariota struggles to get in rhythm because of play calling & it’s crazy that the only time that the HC wants to spread it out & play towards his strength, is when we’re losing & it’s like save us Marcus.

dude is a joke as HC I pray he proves me wrong & I eat crow because I really don’t want Marcus to have to learn another offense, while trying to improve his mechanics in the offseason. 

As if sticking to your philosophy and the things you do best to start the game, or opening up the playbook and spreading things more when you need to catch up is something Mularkey suddenly invented, or a negative thing? The fact that you like to hang on to the notion that Mularkey or the system is somehow the one holding Marcus back is not the bigger picture. He sure was able to shine in the same system last year. The fact remains that he's still not as consistent as you'd like him to be, and it's not that they haven't tried to get him involved early in games in different ways, it's just that at times he struggles to do so. Not only that, but the defense is clearly a bigger issue this year (it was still at times last year as well, like against SD, but not nearly as big), and that makes it harder to play the type of football they want to play.

5 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

If I had to choose -- i would roll the dice on McDaniels. And that's cuz I got a hot hand in the dice game 

I was speaking more towards the defense side of the ball. Who is the coordinator that will right the ship in your mind

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I was speaking more towards the defense side of the ball. Who is the coordinator that will right the ship in your mind

Is Bowels too obvious? To be honest, I am not too sure and am more than fine with letting LeBeau try to fix this. He has earned the benefit of the doubt. We are playing undisciplined football right now. That's something that can be improved upon quickly 

This has turned from a fire LeBeau thread to a replace the whole staff kind of thing.  Again, all the fault on the staff, none on the players.  Glad you guys aren't managing a team. 

The whole team laid a stink nugget yesterday... from Mularkey to Mariota to the water boys.  It was a perfect storm and Houston hit all the correct buttons... but I don't think anyone honestly thinks they're that good or we're that bad.  It's just one week... and it's the crazy NFL.  WE're still tied for 1st in our division (the Texans clobbered the Titans who clobbered the Jags who clobbered the Texans).

We all knew there were still issues on D... we knew this since the roster was being finalized after the draft.  Where's the fire Robinson thread?  And yet LeBeau has been doing what he can with it.  We did a number on the Jags, held them to 3 until way after the game was decided.  The Seahawks were held in check for the most part until the 4th Q as well (they scored 14 in the 4th, half of which came inside the 2 minute warning, while we held a 2 score lead).  

On offense, the big complain seems to be centered on Davis/Taylor/Smith and why they were drafted (if they're not going to be used?).  I don't know if the general though is that the coaching staff doesn't like to start rookies... yet... Conklin and Sharpe proved otherwise last year.  Smith has seen his reps generally increase as well and is playing over 50% of the snaps each of the past 3 weeks.  Davis obviously can't be blamed on the staff... can it?!?!  (Or has everyone forgotten the injury issues have lingered all season/offseason/draft workout season?  Taylor is the one who's taken some time... but he's a work in progress who the coaches are gaining trust in little by little... his snap % has gone from 9% to 18% to 36% to 59%... it's almost like it's a rookie learning as he goes.  Decker and Matthews have both played over 80% of the snaps in every single game outside the Jags game.

I understand that the defense still has issues. But when a rookie QB is smoking you with passes to their #1 WR, you would think we'd see adjustments or scheming to fix. Instead it seemed like the coaching staff is focused on how we play football, instead of adapting to what the other team is doing. That's what makes New England so great. Every year, they figure out what they have, what the other teams do, and go about exploiting it. If we want to pigeon hole ourselves offensively as a smash mouth team instead of attacking a weakness, fine, but defensively that doesn't work and results are blowouts. It's like we as fans see what's happening, but the coaches are like "darn, didn't work, line up and try the same thing again."

Giving up late scores is inexcusable as well, and simply reaffirms the "good try, good efforts mentality from the coaches instead of a "do your job" mindset that championship teams have. Never let up as long as there is time. I can't be the only one who remembers the Lions game a few years back. We are notorious for giving up leads late and simply wallowing around until time expires. Those Bronco and Seahawk defenses during their SBs wouldn't do that. But with us? It's okay guys, we got the win, collect your paycheck, your coach is nice.

I'm sure Mike Mularkey, just like Jeff Fisher, is a great coach to play for, really understands the players and is level with them. It's more "fun" than playing for a Bill Belicheck, Nick Saban type of coach. But if you are looking to win championships, and not just punch in for a job, well... there's a reason that Belicheck has all those rings and the Fishers, Mularkeys of the league are just player coaches. 

5 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

HAHAHA 

"FIRE EVERYONE" 

Classic

I don't have a problem keeping Jon Robinson around. I just wish ownership didn't force their pick of head coach onto him.

But hey, if competing for a division title is all that you want from our team, that's your right and fine with me. Personally, I'd prefer to see my coaches game plan for opponents and scheme to give our players a chance to succeed. Putting McCain in man alone against Hopkins is not giving him a chance. Sure it'd be nice to have a Patrick Peterson, prime Darrelle Regis to stick on the opposing #1 but if you don't have that, figure out what you can do instead, with safety help, zones, etc.

https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2017/10/2/16395334/reviewing-what-went-wrong-for-titans-defense-in-houston-57-14-embarrassment

this is brutal. these are really simple concepts that the texans have been using all season and our defense was completely unprepared for them. there were missed assignments, but this just confirms my impression that the players were set up to fail by completely incompetent defensive coaching and preparation. just unreal.

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

I don't have a problem keeping Jon Robinson around. I just wish ownership didn't force their pick of head coach onto him.

But hey, if competing for a division title is all that you want from our team, that's your right and fine with me. Personally, I'd prefer to see my coaches game plan for opponents and scheme to give our players a chance to succeed. Putting McCain in man alone against Hopkins is not giving him a chance. Sure it'd be nice to have a Patrick Peterson, prime Darrelle Regis to stick on the opposing #1 but if you don't have that, figure out what you can do instead, with safety help, zones, etc.

Yeah you right. All I want is to compete for a division title. LOL. 

There are worse coaching staffs out there. But whatever the sky is falling time to freak out. 

Im all for cutting McCain though. Said it last year. THE GUY SUCKS. Get him off my team. Did Jrob sign him? If so we better fire him as well. 

9 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2017/10/2/16395334/reviewing-what-went-wrong-for-titans-defense-in-houston-57-14-embarrassment

this is brutal. these are really simple concepts that the texans have been using all season and our defense was completely unprepared for them. there were missed assignments, but this just confirms my impression that the players were set up to fail by completely incompetent defensive coaching and preparation. just unreal.

Read that article. Truly pathetic by both the coaches and players as well. But it seems to highlight the fact that we game plan for how we do things, rather than what our opponents do.

When a Bill O'Brien coached team blows you out of the water, it might be time to evaluate how you prepare each week.

Archived