BUCKS vs the HEAT

resilient part 2

BUCKS vs HEAT!!  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins and by what?

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

@Troy Brown Told ya I didn't expect **** lol. We're down 3-0 and I haven't spazzed once and I didn't blame the refs or anything for that game 2 **** show. Welcome to the life of a Wisconsin sports fan. They kill ya with a death by 1000 paper cuts until you have nothing left. Good luck in your series. Just don't let either of the LA teams win it. Let my son, Jayson Tatum get a ring.

You did tell me Tatum was gonna be an all star if played at the 4 and I was iffy bout him. Do you feel dirty knowing there's a Boston team that is just straight up likeable

But yeah, this feels wrong seeing the bucks wilt like this. Funny how the east matches up against each other, but bucks haven't looked right all bubble

• Like 1

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I get a Lebron first run in Cleveland vibe from Giannis.

Their situations are actually pretty comparable too. Giannis is on the verge of back to back MVP awards after leading the Bucks to the 1st seed in the East for the second straight season. And he's also on the verge of another disappointing playoff elimination. (ECF last season and 2nd round this season) 

Funny enough during LeBron during LeBron's last two seasons of his first stint with Cleveland, he won two MVP awards after leading the Cavaliers to the 1st seed both years. And he also had two disappointing playoff eliminations. (ECF in '09 and 2nd round in '10)

Giannis like LeBron is playing in a small market for a team with very little cap flexibility or trade assets. Making it almost impossible for the Bucks to improve the roster around him. 

The bucks are the classic example of having a super star and supporting cast that isn’t good enough to win it all but plays with energy and effort every night, which overinflated their record. 

a good team can be the 1 seed simply by getting locked in. But getting locked in isn’t enough in the playoffs. 

I love Middleton, I’m a die hard aggies fan, but dude is not an all star in the West, he’s a 3rd option on a good team. Brook Lopez and Eric Bledsoe aren’t studs either and are paid like it. 

I don’t blame the bucks, small market teams are nearly impossible to build and they have done the best they can. 

but when was the last time a team won a championship without a super star who could creat his own shot or create a shot for someone else?

giannis is deservingly the MVP but you can’t just put the ball in his hands to create a shot, he’s attacking the basket or settling for a longer shot that he’s not that great from. 

having said all that, the bucks can win game 4, and they can win game 5, and once that happens, the heat will feel the pressure and anything is possible. At some point the 3-0 curse is gonna fall, and if it ever was, it would be to the team with the best record in the league. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

CP3. He can't be trusted at the very end of the later playoff games.

Well, you load manage him until the end. Taking a risk on him is better than what they currently have. The Bucks have one more shot to keep Giannis. What's going to happen when they roll out the same team next season? 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, you load manage him until the end. Taking a risk on him is better than what they currently have. The Bucks have one more shot to keep Giannis. What's going to happen when they roll out the same team next season? 

I was just making a joke because of CP3's past playoff failures in pivotal moments.

31 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

he can't create regularly IMO.

agreed, unless he's playing boston. but dude ain't a closer, he's a good 3rd option on a championship team certainly, but he ain't a 2nd guy. Giannis is great but it is series like this that show his weaknesses are unfortunately actual problems in a modern NBA in playoff settings. Jumpshot improved a bunch this year, next year could be an even bigger jump

17 hours ago, squire12 said:

Hypothetical

If Giannis is not interested in signing the supermax this off season, do you look to move him before the 2020 draft?  Is it better to get more for him now vs waiting until the in season of 2021 after MIL has a bunch of wins and likely is a playoff team vs dealing and getting as many assets as possible and going semi tank for the 2021 season to load up on some younger players

No. You try to make aggressive moves to improve the team around him. Go all in for next season and try to push for a championship. If he does leave that sucks but you have to maximize the time that you do have him. Considering that if they lose him it will probably be a long time before they're in championship contention again. 

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

agreed, unless he's playing boston. but dude ain't a closer, he's a good 3rd option on a championship team certainly, but he ain't a 2nd guy. Giannis is great but it is series like this that show his weaknesses are unfortunately actual problems in a modern NBA in playoff settings. Jumpshot improved a bunch this year, next year could be an even bigger jump

he needs to find some sort of midrange counter. he shouldn't even be messing with the three like that. no reason he shouldn't have some sort of reliable floater or pull up midrange game. watching the bucks pisses me off. they should be much better than they are. 

middleton is a great player but he is a complimentary guy. you want him as your #2 or #3 creator. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

No. You try to make aggressive moves to improve the team around him. Go all in for next season and try to push for a championship. If he does leave that sucks but you have to maximize the time that you do have him. Considering that if they lose him it will probably be a long time before they're in championship contention again. 

That is the BIG gamble IMO.. what if the Bucks go out and trade for players like a CP3, trade their future assets to "go all in" and then he leaves.. for nothing and now potentially don't even have enough draft assets to rebuild..

For me it is simple.. Ask him to sign the Max, if he says he wants to wait till the summer then he has to get traded... case closed.

Edited by resilient part 2