What do we do long term at QB?

WindyCity

I think that if the Foles trade doesn't pan out very well then they have make Foles a bridge guy and draft a QB (or preferably two) next year. Which, as I've pointed out often in the past, will probably be easier to do than a lot of people expect--although the price will still be high. A rookie with potential might be cut this off-season, maybe the Bears could pick that guy up, and hope. And there's always the chance Derek Carr will be available next year, but at that point a rookie would likely be the better option anyway. Aaron Rodgers isn't really a possibility, as he'll be in Green Bay for the next two seasons, minimum, so that's not realistic. 

You draft one. 

There was an expensive band aid in Rivers, overpriced Bridgewater or a very combustible player in Winston in FA this year. 

Unless we get Prescott (who will get ridiculously overpaid) or Winston (a year under Payton he will still be a turnover machine and then it's a clear drop from there. Not an inspiring crew to pick from. 

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Do we feel more comfortable with a trade up for a QB with Nagy making the evaluation?

I'd be more comfortable answering that at week 10. If he wanted Foles and Foles is sucking then no, no I don't. If the offense is nearing 2019 bad then Nagy is expendable to me. Almost anyone can be a rah rah guy, we need someone who can run an average offense and not waste the defense. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I have. I think he has all of the tools. Reminds me of Cam Newton somewhat. Definitely a lot to refine but the tools are there

He'll end up being far more accurate than Newton though, wouldn't you say? 

1 hour ago, soulman said:

Draft another QB like everyone else does.  Who?  I have no phuc'n idea at the moment.

Of course the choice might depend on whether Nagy is still coach and we're still sticking with his variety of the "Andy Reid" offense. There are good options no matter what the situation, though. 

I don't know much about Trey Lance, who keeps popping up as the third best prospect (as things stand right now, of course). I'll have to watch more of his "tape". I think Jamie Newman is probably overrated at the moment, and Kyle Trask and Brock Purdy are underrated. Either of those last two kids could make a big jump. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soulman said:

Draft another QB like everyone else does.  Who?  I have no phuc'n idea at the moment.

And with the college football season being what it is it isn't going to clear up either.

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

He'll end up being far more accurate than Newton though, wouldn't you say? 

Of course the choice might depend on whether Nagy is still coach and we're still sticking with his variety of the "Andy Reid" offense. There are good options no matter what the situation, though. 

I don't know much about Trey Lance, who keeps popping up as the third best prospect (as things stand right now, of course). I'll have to watch more of his "tape". I think Jamie Newman is probably overrated at the moment, and Kyle Trask and Brock Purdy are underrated. Either of those last two kids could make a big jump. 

I'm not sold on Trask, and I watch every Florida game. His stats look better than his play and decision making really show. He had a number of Tru-like decisions and sporadic accuracy woes. He'll light it up then make a terrible decision and then sail an easy throw on 3rd. He desperately needs experience, but I don't deny he has talent. 

He has a suspect deep throw and his arm strength doesnt match up with his size at times, though maybe mechanics have something to do with that? Dude can zip it with or without the laces on RPOs but seems like he tries to put too much air on the ball and it just floats. I'm surprised he didnt have closer to 20 INTs. A lot of drops and some good defensive plays by WRs this last year. But when he's on he looks like a 1st round talent. This season could have made me feel a lot better about him as an early round guy. Idk how well he can handle a real pro offense either  since Florida does a lot off the RPO and run game. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'm not sold on Trask, and I watch every Florida game. His stats look better than his play and decision making really show. He had a number of Tru-like decisions and sporadic accuracy woes. He'll light it up then make a terrible decision and then sail an easy throw on 3rd. He desperately needs experience, but I don't deny he has talent. 

He has room to grow, for sure. I'm thinking that he might. 

Draft wise:

we won't be drafting low enough - fields, lawrence

who i'd like (outside the top 2) - lance

after top 3 guys that intrigue me, likely end of 1st or 2nd round - tanner morgan

after top couple of rounds - brock purdy

don't want to touch - newman, trask, mond

Haven't gone deep dive on the QBs but I think you have to try and trade for up for Lawrence.

Fields gave me a Mitch like impression when I saw him...

Lance is the wildcard.... He looks amazing in his highlights but his overall stats are fairly pedestrian so I'd need to do a much deeper dive than I have so far.... I REALLY wanted to see Lance play this year to get a better evaluation on him, because I think he's the most likely target we can go and get without breaking the bank like we'd have to do for Lawrence.