Derwin James suffers injury at camp.

Chargers

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

This is just horrible. 

At this point, is it the Chargers training staff? Strength and Conditioning team? Something flat out isn't right.

I mean we haven’t had any major injuries until recently with MW and now DJ. Both haven’t had the healthiest careers even in college. I would like an actual sports science department but there’s only so much you can do.

Just now, Xenos said:

I mean we haven’t had any major injuries until recently with MW and now DJ. Both haven’t had the healthiest careers even in college. I would like an actual sports science department but there’s only so much you can do.

But you have to admit - the Chargers tend to have a lot more catastrophic injuries than other teams year to year, right? Jason Verrert, Forrest Lamp, Mike Williams, Melvin Gordon, Hunter Henry - I know I'm forgetting a lot too, but this has to lead the league every year.

What gives?

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

But you have to admit - the Chargers tend to have a lot more catastrophic injuries than other teams year to year, right? Jason Verrert, Forrest Lamp, Mike Williams, Melvin Gordon, Hunter Henry - I know I'm forgetting a lot too, but this has to lead the league every year.

What gives?

What gives? I don't know. The Niners implemented a sports science department last season and I don't believe Verrett played any snaps. Right @Forge? Some people are just injury prone.

There's always hope that the players you mentioned can bounce back like what happened with Melvin Ingram and Keenan Allen. Both were plagued by injuries earlier in their career but are more available since.

The last time we were truly healthy was when Lynn first took over the team and overhauled the strength and conditioning department in 2017. We had one of the lowest AGL until that second KC game. This is what they did during that 2017 offseason. Maybe they need to overhaul their S&C every couple of years.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chargers-camp-ending-injury-epidemic-involves-searching-far-and-wide-for-answers/

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

Just now, Xenos said:

What gives? I don't know. The Niners implemented a sports science department last season and I don't believe Verrett played any snaps. Right @Forge? Some people are just injury prone

He played 2 or 3 or something, he was god awful. Seriously came in for like 3 snaps, got burnt twice for big gains (Pitt game), we yanked him and he was never seen again as we threw him on IR immediately following the game. Supposedly looks good this off season. 

Ftr though, our medical staff and injuries are kind of a joke. We don't have the reputation for it like the Chargers do, but this has been going on for a long time for the 49ers as well. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

He played 2 or 3 or something, he was god awful. Seriously came in for like 3 snaps, got burnt twice for big gains (Pitt game), we yanked him and he was never seen again as we threw him on IR immediately following the game. Supposedly looks good this off season. 

Ftr though, our medical staff and injuries are kind of a joke. We don't have the reputation for it like the Chargers do, but this has been going on for a long time for the 49ers as well. 

At least you guys have an actual sports science department now. So it's trending in the right direction.

• Like 2