Week 1 Eagles Vs Washington (Insert name)

mar29020

9 hours ago, Woz said:

Which also goes with the whole "gave up on the play when the ball didn't come his way thing."

Indeed. In watching it again, Curl was trying to tie up the OL and did *just* barely enough to probably give Moreland the lane. Sweat turning around knocking Jackson into next week would have been easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Yeah. I'm not saying every week is going to be like Sunday with the DL pressure. But with this front line, our LBs and DBs should expect to see more errant passes. And we should be instituting this type of thing (that JMU does) as a result. Even if you don't score, you can literally flip the field. I know 2 more of Moreland's picks at JMU he took back to inside the 10.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, e16bball said:

If you want to get a couple good laughs, I just spent an enjoyable 15 minutes or so scrolling through the Eagles GDT. It was quite a rollercoaster ride, and I for one got a real kick out of the rug being yanked out from under them after they were riding so high in the first 20 minutes or so. 

The first 9 pages were classic pre-game GDT. There was much excitement, concern, curiosity. The overall mindset was confidence that they’d win, but they were concerned about injuries. In their defense, a 50% prediction success rate isn’t bad.

Page 10: The game begins. The masses are fired up and enjoying the hot start.

Page 18: The hysteria has reached a fever pitch, as the fly Eagles fly out to a 17-0 lead. My favorite post: “this is a preseason game for us.”

Page 22: Wentz throws the pick to Moreau. Mild concern begins to creep in. No one acknowledges the Haskins-to-Thomas TD, but one particularly pessimistic (and prescient) poster states “The collapse begins.”

Page 25: “You all are stressing over nothing, the Redskins are badddddd.”

Page 26: Wentz throws the pick to Moreland. A solid mix of “what the **** is going on?” and “I knew this was going to happen” begins to filter through from the masses.

Page 29: Following the TD to cut it to 17-14, anger has set in. Mostly directed at Wentz. Likely favorite comment: “Everything is your fault Carson.” Runner up: “it’s sickening that jalen hurts isn’t active and can’t take over at qb.”

Page 34: Anger has fully set in now, as Washington has taken the lead. “We are losing to this team. Holy this blows.”

Page 37: As the last minutes tick down, the obligatory allocation of blame commences. The consensus seems to be that blame should be shared equally between injuries, Wentz, Pederson, and a certain poster who wondered why the Eagles are so underrated in NFL Gen.

Page 39: The post-mortem commences. One poster deems this “an all-time low.”

The remaining 6 pages wind down with a delightful medley of different types of posts. Some looking for the positives. Some looking to the future (next week, the NFC East race, the 2021 draft). Some still assigning blame (more for Wentz, more for Pederson, some for Ertz, some for the GDT thread starter of all people). Some trashing Washington/Haskins and how bad they are (as if they didn’t just get done beating their trash can team by 10 and as if their $130M QB didn’t blow the game for them while Haskins managed to get through with no big mistakes despite less talent around him). 

All in all, a very fun experience. Almost as fun as actually watching the game. A come from behind Week One win is always a great feeling of course, but even better to do it against a division rival — whose tears can sustain us all year long. 

I guess we don't keep records but 6 likes is pretty good ! May be a record. Great post - Enjoyed it a lot .

14 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

These are my favorites:

A backhanded sarcastic slam at us in this one:

And this one:

This one was at least complimentary

Another favorite of mine @e16bball

For the record, Dwayne Haskins was trash yesterday. The game was a complete gift that any starting QB in the league would've taken advantage of. 

If we ran the ball 10 more times yesterday, we win. Simple as that.

I noticed in the clips of the 8 sacks that a few times Ryan Anderson got close to a sack too but he was beat there by others. On one of the plays where Allen & Young shares the sack I think, Anderson beat the RT forced Wentz to step up where Young lunged for his leg and Allen finished him off. On that play Anderson also nearly got the ball when he was turning the corner against the RT but Wentz tucked it and stepped away from Anderson’s pressure where Young & then Allen brought him down.

So, it seems to me in the second half the entire DL was just bringing it, even our 4th DE. 

That’s nice to see but it won’t be like that every week bc not every OL is as beat up as the Eagles is. Missing 2 pro bowlers & a former first round pick LT they felt so good about that they didn’t re-sign Peters to play LT originally is probably an easier road to hoe than going against most OLs.