Destiny 2

6 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Whats the point of the cryptarch I haven't received any engrams, it's like everything gets decoded as soon as I get something.

Haven't finished the campaign but my one complaint is I like how D1 had the location of each mission on the map and you could replay it anytime and the strikes were part of the campaign and on the map as well.  Maybe I'm not far enough or after you finish the campaign the missions and strikes show up on the map.  But that's my only complaint I love everything else so far.  The subclasses at the shard are cool too.

I have only received one engram (exotic engram reward from Zavala upon story completion) that I was able to take to Cryptarch. Besides that I feel like they are useless.

On 9/6/2017 at 9:53 AM, navysaintsfan said:

Just played a few minutes before getting to household work. Then I work from 6pm to 6am. for the next 3 nights XD. But I will be running things come this weekend ;)

RoflJosh on PS4 playa!

I could use a fellow night shifter to play with on the weekends. (Fri/Sat night into early morning).  Been having a blast so far. Was finally able to logon Thur night. Finished the campaign, got up to 220 power level. Going to grind this weekend and get my 2nd character started. 

9 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:

I have only received one engram (exotic engram reward from Zavala upon story completion) that I was able to take to Cryptarch. Besides that I feel like they are useless.

I've gotten one or two. But even those I've had the eververse lady decrypt them for me. Seems to me that engram drops are rare, and most of your loot you get from faction or reward level ups. 

12 hours ago, NickButera said:

I've gotten one or two. But even those I've had the eververse lady decrypt them for me. Seems to me that engram drops are rare, and most of your loot you get from faction or reward level ups. 

You get the Bright Engrams just from Xp leveling.. they only reward cosmetic items such as ships, sparrows, shaders, and emotes. Those are only from the Eververse lady.

Legendary and Exotic engrams have been dropping more frequently for me once I hit 265 LL. I cant remember exactly what it was called, but the Eververse lady sells a legendary medallion for 50 Bright Dust that increases XP and loot drop chances for 4 hours, and they are stackable. My Fireteam has been running these the whole time since end game and there is not a session where someone doesn't get an exotic engram. 

Anyone provide advice on infusing? I don't get it and I'm not willing to make a mistake and lose my good gear.

13 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

You get the Bright Engrams just from Xp leveling.. they only reward cosmetic items such as ships, sparrows, shaders, and emotes. Those are only from the Eververse lady.

Legendary and Exotic engrams have been dropping more frequently for me once I hit 265 LL. I cant remember exactly what it was called, but the Eververse lady sells a legendary medallion for 50 Bright Dust that increases XP and loot drop chances for 4 hours, and they are stackable. My Fireteam has been running these the whole time since end game and there is not a session where someone doesn't get an exotic engram. 

Anyone provide advice on infusing? I don't get it and I'm not willing to make a mistake and lose my good gear.

Use you rare loot drops that drop at a high PL and infuse them into your exotics or legendaries you want levelled higher. Once you hit 270 you should be getting higher levelled blue drops/engrams from the harder events. The level of your legendary/exotic will end up with the level of what you infuse it with (if you infuse it with something higher. )

Example. You choose a 265 PL Mida Multi Tool, and infuse it with a 270 PL Blue drop, your Mida will be PL 270. Also keep in mind the PL you're seeing on your legendary or exotic may already be including a modification. For example you MIDA Multi tool may actually be a 260 PL but has a 5 attack mod hence showing you 265 PL. So infusing a 270 rare item will raise your 265 MIDA to 275 (from 260+5 to 270+5). 

....hope that made sense. I'm in zombie mode right now. 

It makes sense. Everytime I have infused though it end up being the same level of the piece of gear I was infusing. Just need to keep messing with it I guess. I'm also really struggling to get past 270 now. I can't find a good squad to run the Nightfall with. Are the luminous engrams pretty much the only way to level up from here?

3 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

It makes sense. Everytime I have infused though it end up being the same level of the piece of gear I was infusing. Just need to keep messing with it I guess. I'm also really struggling to get past 270 now. I can't find a good squad to run the Nightfall with. Are the luminous engrams pretty much the only way to level up from here?

That's correct.  I had my 105 exotic gauntlets for my Titan I waited until I had a piece of equipment that was 250 to do it.  Then I'll infuse one more time when I get 270s.

12 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Currently installing the update file and them jumping in for my very first Destiny action. 

My PSN is Heimdallr-_- if anyone wants to add me. 

Mattx4313. Hit me up. I might run through the story with you on a second character, but I wont be on until ~9:30 PM CST. 

53 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Currently installing the update file and them jumping in for my very first Destiny action. 

My PSN is Heimdallr-_- if anyone wants to add me. 

Or not. Servers are down.

Maintenance was supposed to be done at 8 AM PDT. Then 12:00, then 2:00, now 4:00.... WTF. Really?

23 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Or not. Servers are down.

Maintenance was supposed to be done at 8 AM PDT. Then 12:00, then 2:00, now 4:00.... WTF. Really?

Yeah, I got out of PHY Lab early and was gonna grind some public events before work. Guess not. This crap happened a lot in D1. I figured they would have had a smoother process for patches.

Seems like the fastest way to gear is to jump around doing heroic public events. Anyone found a better way? I often have difficulty finding events with other players around. Seems like they occur often enough and it's super easy to just jump around from event to event, but it doesn't seem like a ton of people do it.

I got up to level 8 now, and I still have some questions

1. Is there any penalty for dying?

2. What are the EDZ tokens for?

3. Should I be doing anything other than dismantling old gear?

4. Are public events the best way to get gear and experience? I've just been wandering around the EDZ killing stuff between events. 

59 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I got up to level 8 now, and I still have some questions

1. Is there any penalty for dying?

2. What are the EDZ tokens for?

3. Should I be doing anything other than dismantling old gear?

4. Are public events the best way to get gear and experience? I've just been wandering around the EDZ killing stuff between events. 

1. In "respawning restricted" zones. If everyone in the party dies, you start over at a checkpoint. I don't know whether dying during a public event affects the loot table in anyway, however.

2. EDZ tokens are just the earth specific tokens you'd turn in for gear. He's visible on the earth map. Every planet has a similar token type, each drops on that planet and is turned in to an NPC that is on that planet as well. You get them for participating in events and doing quests on those planets.

3. Keep the highest level gear you have. You don't even have to equip it, but the loot table drops things that are slightly better than your best possible outfit.

4. Seems like it. You get some uniques from quests, etc... But until you get towards cap, you'll be upgrading with blues and purples pretty frequently. The public events are alright, but making them heroic is where it's really at. That's where the best loot comes from outside of Nightfall etc. There are also the "lost sectors" all over each map.  They drop some nice loot just like the heroic public events. The entrances to the lost sectors are represented by this symbol;

Destiny-2-Lost-Sectors-Guide-Earth-Europ