Ja'Marr Chase NFL comp?

VanS

Now that we've seen the last of Ja'Marr Chase in college, who does he remind ya'll of? 

To me he looks like a clone of Hall of Fame WR Cris Carter.  He's not the most physically gifted WR but he does know how to get open and make dynamic plays.  I doubt he'll ever be the best WR in the NFL because of his lack of elite measurables but he should be a Pro Bowl caliber WR for a really long time like Cris Carter.

6 hours ago, VanS said:

Now that we've seen the last of Ja'Marr Chase in college, who does he remind ya'll of? 

To me he looks like a clone of Hall of Fame WR Cris Carter.  He's not the most physically gifted WR but he does know how to get open and make dynamic plays.  I doubt he'll ever be the best WR in the NFL because of his lack of elite measurables but he should be a Pro Bowl caliber WR for a really long time like Cris Carter.

CC was/is 6'3, whereas Ja'Marr is 6'0. If you're basing it based off of leaping ability, body control, hands, and the ability to score TD, then I understand where you're coming from. 

I'd personally roll with Victor Cruz (pre-injury).

He has an AB type upside, if he can continue to develop as a route runner.  He isn’t CC.  Carter was taller, longer, and killed people on the sideline.  Different style receiver, imo.   He has a chance to be really good, especially if he can dedicate himself to becoming a technician.  

His measurables aren’t impressive, but they aren’t negatives, either.  Not a burner, but he has enough speed to run away from some dbs.  Makes plays after the catch.  Can Highpoint the ball.  I don’t know if he has any otherworldly type trait, but he checks every box, from an on the field standpoint.  

Maybe Torry Holt? 

20 hours ago, MWil23 said:

CC was/is 6'3, whereas Ja'Marr is 6'0. If you're basing it based off of leaping ability, body control, hands, and the ability to score TD, then I understand where you're coming from. 

I'd personally roll with Victor Cruz (pre-injury).

Good point on the height different.  With that said, Ja'Marr does play taller than his height which is why I didn't factor in the height difference.  I was making the comparison more based on the body control, hands and overall style of play.

14 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

He has an AB type upside, if he can continue to develop as a route runner.  He isn’t CC.  Carter was taller, longer, and killed people on the sideline.  Different style receiver, imo.   He has a chance to be really good, especially if he can dedicate himself to becoming a technician.  

His measurables aren’t impressive, but they aren’t negatives, either.  Not a burner, but he has enough speed to run away from some dbs.  Makes plays after the catch.  Can Highpoint the ball.  I don’t know if he has any otherworldly type trait, but he checks every box, from an on the field standpoint.  

Maybe Torry Holt? 

In terms of more modern players, he honestly reminds me more of OBJ than AB.  That was my comp for Chase until I started watching film of a young Cris Carter and saw the similarities in theif games.

• 3 weeks later...