TABT: Around the NFL

JAF-N72EX

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

With their cap issues he can't stay in GB if he doesn't want to be part of a rebuilding team.

Yeah, that’s how I took what he was saying. “I gave you this year, now trade me. I’m telling you early enough to actually do it this time.” 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think Rodgers would love that, but a) they don’t have nearly the capital to trade for him having already traded away their 2022 and 2023 1st rounders in the deal to get Trey Lance; and b) even if they did I don’t think GB would trade him to an NFC team. If they do move him I think the smart money is on Denver or Pittsburgh. Both are ready made rosters to contend with a QB. If you’re either of those two teams I think you could completely justify giving away the farm in draft capital to get him. 

I was genuinely for some reason thinking Rodgers was in a contract year. I think because the narrative this whole year was that it was his last year in GB 

5 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think Rodgers would love that, but a) they don’t have nearly the capital to trade for him having already traded away their 2022 and 2023 1st rounders in the deal to get Trey Lance; and b) even if they did I don’t think GB would trade him to an NFC team. If they do move him I think the smart money is on Denver or Pittsburgh. Both are ready made rosters to contend with a QB. If you’re either of those two teams I think you could completely justify giving away the farm in draft capital to get him. 

To me, it's the Titans or Colts.

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

To me, it's the Titans or Colts.

Carson Wentz's contract is untradeable for the Colts and I don't see them paying two quarterbacks. Follow the cap space to find Rodgers' next home. In my opinion, the top options are NYJ, WFT, DEN, SEA, and *maybe* PIT.