NFL General Discussion

candyman93

26 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I guess my only real hesitation is that it felt like this could have been a draft day trade once they were certain that the prospect(s) they like would be available.

True, but I think their picks can get them up the Giants spot now.

Just now, candyman93 said:

True, but I think their picks can get them up the Giants spot now.

I think if they are sold on one of those quarterbacks, it absolutely makes sense. Like you said, their roster is way too good to tank, and frankly, I don't see them having the cap space to do it properly. They'd get pennies on the dollar in return value. Maybe they like Jameis as a 2022 bridge for the next guy in 2023, and they continue to kick the cap can down the road. 

I hated the trade, if I’m a Saints fan. I don’t like any of the quarterbacks coming out this year, and their quarterback right now is Winston. They don’t have a future there, and next year looks a lot better in the draft a quarterback. Huge win for the Eagles, they set themselves up well maybe not for this year as much but for the future.

• Like 2

Am I a homer thinking we are better than the Bengals?

Our defense as a whole is better imo. We have better RBs and o-line. QBs are even.

The only unit the Bengals are better than us at is WR and special teams. 

If we can improve special teams, we’re definitely better.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Am I a homer thinking we are better than the Bengals?

Our defense as a whole is better imo. We have better RBs and o-line. QBs are even.

The only unit the Bengals are better than us at is WR and special teams. 

If we can improve special teams, we’re definitely better.

Kind of hard to say.

We swept them last year...technically. They were obviously better overall.

So far, without a 1st round pick in the draft we upgraded at QB. Downgraded a bit on the OL. Upgraded a little at WR. Slight downgrade at TE. Secondary should be the same. Front 7 has down graded. ST who knows, can't be much worse.

Bengals upgraded their OL. Downgrade at TE. Defense has pretty much stayed the same as far as I know. They signed a couple DTs and lost Ogunjobi.

They seemed to upgrade at their weakest spot. We upgraded at what many think was our weakest spot. We know how they play together. We aren't sure about us.

I don't think we are clearly better on paper. I don't think they are either. I'd certainly put money on them over us right now. Doesn't mean a lot though.

If I trusted Stefanski more I'd probably bet on us but I'm not there after what happened last year.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

Steelers declined the 5th year option on Devin Bush.

Not shocking, but at least a bit surprising.

Good move on their part, if he turns it around you can franchise tag him, its not like linebacker is a crazy market.