NFL General Discussion

candyman93

8 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, if this was caused by commotio cordis it’s just a freak thing.  It’s not really even related to the NFL or football safety or whatever.  This could happen in a lot of sports.  Theoretically obv, it’s absurdly rare.

When we would have been junior high or HS aged here in Ohio, a 13 year old boy was hit by a pitch in the chest and died in a little league game. The doctor called it a one in a million chance. 

That said, I remember my dad making me get a thorough physical with the doctor to make sure I was fully cleared for contact sports. I’m one of the guys who has an indentation in my chest cavity, which seems to just be mostly an aesthetic issue, but still. That doctor essentially reinforced the above being a sheer timing to trauma issue that is a millisecond anomaly for lack of a better term, regardless. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Dudes gets more out of less than prolly any coach in the league.

The most obvious observation I’ve made watching Vrabel teams: They always tackle and nobody makes business decisions.

Jeffrey Simmons and Kevin Byard are studs, don’t get me wrong. However, Vrabel has a bunch of nobodies fighting to stay in the league instead of fighting for their next contract. Hoody made a living off of getting those type of guys.

Now the downside of having hungry guys who are scrappers, is that there is usually a drop off in talent. So you better be an amazing X’s and O’s coach or you’re in trouble.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The most obvious observation I’ve made watching Vrabel teams: They always tackle and nobody makes business decisions.

Jeffrey Simmons and Kevin Byard are studs, don’t get me wrong. However, Vrabel has a bunch of nobodies fighting to stay in the league instead of fighting for their next contract. Hoody made a living off of getting those type of guys.

Now the downside of having hungry guys who are scrappers, is that there is usually a drop off in talent. So you better be an amazing X’s and O’s coach or you’re in trouble.

But like, we’ve seen that ourselves over the last few weeks tbh.  Guys like fields, Ragland, whoever tf #40 or 41 is, etc.  these dudes are cracking pads and looking to make plays to land a deal here or somewhere else next season.

I like the patience of the front office, but some of these guys need to look back and see someone on their heels for a job.  Some dudes have gotten comfortable it seems.

• Like 2

Just now, candyman93 said:

I’m probably the only one who will say this, but Baker would be an amazing fit in Tennessee

I think he keeps them a treadmill team tbh.

Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t see Baker getting a starting opportunity next season.  At least not being penciled in as a starter before the year.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Guys like fields, Ragland, whoever tf #40 or 41 is, etc.  these dudes are cracking pads and looking to make plays to land a deal here or somewhere else next season.

We need guys like that and not “penciled in” starters like Jacob Phillips and Anthony Walker.

I blame our defensive woes 50/50. It’s Joe Woods and guys just not having a dawg mentality.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

If he had a better GM, the team would have ran away with the division. Im glad he got GM Robinson fired.

• Like 1