NFL General Discussion

candyman93

How does everyone here feel about our two biggest rivals getting flexed into SNF next week while we failed to get flexed this season?

Up until this week, we had been above the Steelers in the standings. As it stands, it hasn't been since 1989 that we finished above them let alone in first, and it hasn't been since 1994 that we won in Week 1 and made the playoffs in the same season, and had a home playoff game. The fact that First Energy Stadium has never seen postseason football above the high school level is a huge reason why they should have their own bowl game in college, plus be awarded a CFP title game and a Super Bowl.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Wow this is depressing 

We got Art Modell to thank for that. The Modell move set the Browns back many years. In this time, AFC North rivals have won 4 Super Bowls and appeared in an additional 3, with each of our division rivals having at least one appearance (plus one appearance by the Titans while they were still in our division).

The fact that First Energy Stadium has yet to be awarded a Super Bowl or a CFP title game is because people are too scared of the winter weather in Cleveland. But to me, the best football games have been played in less-than-ideal conditions, like the Ice Bowl.

39 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t care how bad my QB is playing (as long as he isn’t throwing you under the bus). If my offensive line doesn’t help him back up, I’d want all 5 guys gone.

Eh, he doesn’t seem like a terribly likable dude.

When all 5 guys don’t seem to care it might be the QB who’s the issue.

22 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, he doesn’t seem like a terribly likable dude.

When all 5 guys don’t seem to care it might be the QB who’s the issue.

I always found his personality off putting. I think many did. We've also all played with total A holes but most still act like a good team mate while playing together. I'll have to cite two wrongs v. making a right.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, he’d be a home run.  He’s probably on some short lists for HC gigs.

I don’t think he’s going to get a real shot at a HC job. He did an amazing job as an assistant getting a HC job after a horrible season regardless of who’s fault it was is very rare. 

• Like 1