NFL General Discussion

candyman93

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Detroit absolutely competes their ***** off

total 180 from the browns

We have had teams like that. I think of the team that made the playoffs a few years after we came back and the teams lead by, Thomas, Dawson and Cribbs.

This team definitely doesn’t have much fire in it. I’m all for the analytics but we also need a coach at least as high as the level of defensive coordinator that installs some passion and fire in the team.

1 hour ago, hornbybrown said:

This team definitely doesn’t have much fire in it. I’m all for the analytics but we also need a coach at least as high as the level of defensive coordinator that installs some passion and fire in the team.

yeah I think the effort and passion is most noticeable defensively.  Offensive is a bit more calculated, execution based.

Provided Stefanski is back and running the offense next year, I want a proven DC preferably with HC experience.  Someone who at a minimum should give us a competitive defense and whose personality perhaps adds some edge or helps give an identity.

In order I’d probably want Flores, Zimmer, Fangio, Schwartz…. someone like that.

Id encourage Haslam to back up the Brinks truck for Flores.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

yeah I think the effort and passion is most noticeable defensively.  Offensive is a bit more calculated, execution based.

Provided Stefanski is back and running the offense next year, I want a proven DC preferably with HC experience.  Someone who at a minimum should give us a competitive defense and whose personality perhaps adds some edge or helps give an identity.

In order I’d probably want Flores, Zimmer, Fangio, Schwartz…. someone like that.

Id encourage Haslam to back up the Brinks truck for Flores.

100% agree with your assessment on the differences between defense and offense 

NBC’s primetime broadcasts averaged 19.9 million viewers during the 2022 regular season, while CBS and Fox’s afternoon broadcasts brought in 18.5 million and 19.4 million viewers, respectively, the networks independently announced Tuesday afternoon, citing Nielsen Media data.

That’s NBC’s highest NFL viewership since 2019, CBS’ top mark since 2015 and Fox’s best ratings since 2016, even as linear television viewership dwindled across the board.

Amazon, which began exclusively broadcasting the NFL’s Thursday primetime contests on its Prime streaming service this year, and ESPN, which airs the league’s Monday night games on cable, had far less luck than their peers.

Amazon averaged 9.6 million viewers for its Thursday Night Football broadcasts, according to Nielsen data, 41% less than the package’s 2021 average audience of 16.4 million, which was partially skewed by a special Saturday broadcast on Christmas 2021 that drew 28.6 million viewers.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dereksaul/2023/01/10/amazon-and-espn-lag-behind-networks-on-nfl-viewership-ratings-reveal/?sh=2f2eee5c3c0c