NFL General Discussion

candyman93

40 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I only watched a bit of the game, what’s the issue? 

Looks like he was targeted 10 times…

Temper tantrums being thrown by a WR. I get wanting to win, but these dudes are morons. Here's my take: These dudes don't really know how the game is played & have no idea what it's like to do anything other than play WR. So they feel dumbfounded when they lose, because they don't understand all it takes to winning a game. These morons think if you chuck it in their direction 30 times, it's an automatic victory.

The games are won in the trenches almost always. These diva WR's don't even know the trenches exist.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Temper tantrums being thrown by a WR. I get wanting to win, but these dudes are morons. Here's my take: These dudes don't really know how the game is played & have no idea what it's like to do anything other than play WR. So they feel dumbfounded when they lose, because they don't understand all it takes to winning a game. These morons think if you chuck it in their direction 30 times, it's an automatic victory.

The games are won in the trenches almost always. These diva WR's don't even know the trenches exist.

I’d be curious as to what the Bengals were doing on the back end.  It would make sense to play them with a lot of 2 deep looks and make them run to win, which isn’t their strong suit. 

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d be curious as to what the Bengals were doing on the back end.  It would make sense to play them with a lot of 2 deep looks and make them run to win, which isn’t their strong suit. 

Looks like they played a lot of Cover 1/2 Man Under. They were manning them up, but not without help over the top. It took away any easy completions. Made Allen make pinpoint throws in a snowstorm with 5+ man pressures in behind it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, there are justifiable times to complain and then just complaining because you’re an arse.  I’m just curious as to which this was.

There's always a tough fine line between competitive frustration and being a complete liability with your attitude. I think this is a general non-story here.

I think Buffalo has taken Allen for granted to be honest.

No rush game? Don't worry, Allen will answer that.

Poor OL? Don't worry, Josh Allen is a freak that can make up for that with his improvisation and off platform skills.

Mid tier weapons outside of Diggs? That's okay, Allen is a distributor.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

There's always a tough fine line between competitive frustration and being a complete liability with your attitude. I think this is a general non-story here.

I think Buffalo has taken Allen for granted to be honest.

No rush game? Don't worry, Allen will answer that.

Poor OL? Don't worry, Josh Allen is a freak that can make up for that with his improvisation and off platform skills.

Mid tier weapons outside of Diggs? That's okay, Allen is a distributor.

Just my 2 cents.

They’ve definitely looked to build a defense more so than give him weapons.

They shoulda given us 3 firsts for Hunt.

Or maybe just a 3rd.

• Like 3

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

They’ve definitely looked to build a defense more so than give him weapons.

They shoulda given us 3 firsts for Hunt.

Or maybe just a 3rd.

I think that they went all in on Vonn Miller as their EDGE answer, he looked the part, but then he got hurt and that basically ended them in the "elite" defense category.

They really need to make a play for another WR, a revamped OL, and hope that one of their 2 RBs is a viable answer on the ground behind a line that doesn't suck.

Someone said it very well...they basically built a team to thrive in a Dome and they play in one of the most brutal weather playoff atmospheres in the league.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Buffalo has 2 massive problems that were exposed:

1. No weapons outside of Diggs. 
2. D-line talent hasn’t developed. Burrow had all day to throw with backup o-linemen.

Von miller coming back should help with the pass rush. That injury hurt then a lot more than I thought it would. 

• Like 2