NFL General Discussion

candyman93

35 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Really like his heart & always root for him, but Baker is a career backup level QB

Yeah, I thought at the time he had limited upside, and he hasn’t shown me anything to this point that is a surprise at this level. 

That said, if he can be content with what he is, he can be a good long-term journeyman quarterback and have a nice career of it. If he thinks he is a guy who is going to get a five-year deal to be someone’s starter, it’s a different story. He can definitely be a Brian Hoyer though if he has the right perspective.

22 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I saw him live last night and he looked really bad, his happy feet were running wild in the pocket

I mostly just saw bits and pieces and the highlights but he seemed to maneuver the pocket better than he used to. Didn't see much rolling out, if he took off it was upfield. He is also leading the league with his QB rating on 3rd down and 2nd in the NFL with his rating under pressure. Both surprising considering how he played here under those circumstances so maybe there is growth. 

His air yards are way down and his amount of time in the pocket is 2.0 flat which the lowest of his career. His sack rate is also great (4th) considering, so it seems like he is getting coached up over there and is receptive to it. He is basically a game manager for them but with their offensive line you pretty much have to do it that way to stay competitive and to keep your QB healthy. 

I think he may earn himself a chance to start somewhere next year. 2 years ago it seemed like there were 25 good QBs in the league and his chances were few. Now it seems like there are 8-10 good QBs and everyone else is replaceable. 

But I get it, the worse Baker looks the better we look I guess. And vice/versa. So I understand the agenda even if it doesn't really matter to us fans. Really only matters for the front office evaluations. Fans had no hand in the move. 

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

It doesn’t translate to wins.

In the playoffs do not remember did you say the defense was going to carry this team to the playoffs?

If so then I apologize 

Did you predict that Mayfield would be a above average qb at any point 

where were you when he had a 103 rating?

I

17 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Baker has found a home in Tampa Bay. If I were him, I’d just chill there for the rest of my career.

Yep. Tampa lives in the 6-9 win range apart from every 20 years whe they get hot for 3 seasons. 

Next time they win a few games will be 2039