NFL General Discussion

candyman93

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

They are making a game of it against PIT.

I’m not too surprised.

Alex Smith is smart and very cautious. Pittsburgh’s entire existence on defense is about causing chaos. It’s why Brady torched them.

Edited by candyman93

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Wow

So now winning the division is possible still.

Yeah that's been my longshot hope. Obviously we have to win out and the Steelers have to lose to the Colts and Bills which could happen. Also a Bengals loss would work but very unlikely. Worried about Rivers keeping his composure in the Colts game also.

Still hoping.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Sure.

Not sure on tie-breakers but think record against common opponents comes into play so this could help a lot.

Starts with divisional games and we can only tie them there if the Bengals beat them so odds are we have to win it outright at 13-3 and them at 12-4

It'd be incredible if we won the division, but I'm not counting on it. Not only do things have to go badly for Pittsburgh the rest of the way, but we'd have to take care of business ourselves. I'll start to more seriously think about winning the division if we beat Baltimore next week AND Buffalo beats Pittsburgh.

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Starts with divisional games and we can only tie them there if the Bengals beat them so odds are we have to win it outright at 13-3 and them at 12-4

Next tie breaker after divisional games is common opponents and guess what...we beat Washington.  Think conning opponent record would be 11-1 with our common opponent is Ravens. Steelers would be 10-2 with comment opponent loses in Washington and Cincy 

so we have to root for either a loss to Cincy or loss to Buffalo and Indy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

If the ravens lose it won’t matter if we beat them

We need to hold serve and beat them. That keeps us in the 5th seed with an outside chance of winning the division.  We have 3 conference games left so winning those really help with tie breakers. 

• Like 1