NFL General Discussion

candyman93

I have to admit, I have been unfair to Baker.

I thought he would have a similar career projectory as Haskins and other young players. I don’t mean God awful stats. I never expected Baker to have stats as bad as Haskins. I mean being a guy who simply doesn’t get it and never will.

Yesterday’s press conference + his entire season + his entire offseason has showed incredible growth and maturity. I don’t think it was because of Covid, I think last season personally hit him harder more than any season in his life.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I have to admit, I have been unfair to Baker.

I thought he would have a similar career projectory as Haskins and other young players. I don’t mean God awful stats. I never expected Baker to have stats as bad as Haskins. I mean being a guy who simply doesn’t get it and never will.

Yesterday’s press conference + his entire season + his entire offseason has showed incredible growth and maturity. I don’t think it was because of Covid, I think last season personally hit him harder more than any season in his life.

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. 

Welcome aboard the reality train. 😎

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

I have heard they might have to cut him if the cap doesn’t go up

This off season will be marked witha lot of opportunities for creative solutions and 1 year contracts. Great year to have a lot of cap. 

I wish we could get out of objs contract it would open a world of opportunities for us.

Really dislike Collin Cowherd and love that Chris Simms basically punks him right after he tries to make Baker look bad again by playing on one of Baker's recent humor references. Yes Baker is attributed with 3 fumbles and as a leader does, he takes responsibility for them. Simms though, some one who has actually played the sport and position basically dumps on Cowherd's perspective about the fumbles (and he is spot on about the 2 of the 3 not really being Baker's fault).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGCBeXsx8xY

To Cowherd's credit though he does highlight that the fumble they ruled wasn't a fumble by Darnold was a silly call and only ruled that way due to the inconsistent standard of "rulings on the field". 

Edited by pscottdai

7 hours ago, bruceb said:

For identifying the same problem with his play that Mayfield himself did.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Carry on @buno67.

Dude, you said you were coming around on him after one freaking comment, but that comment was still bookend by negative remarks. You speaking highly of baker is like an drunk bragging about being sober for  3days...we all know it’s a load of crap...

it’s not about identifying the problems. Every one can see that but you and only you are putting pretty much 100% of the blame on him and that he is the reason we lost, when you won’t give him the benefit of the doubt that he had to play without the WRs that account for more than 50% of his passing yards and losing 2/5 of his OL with an absolute trash of a RG. (but Doug dieken said he was good)But you know what that game was 100% his fault. Add in the fact that your Missing all your WRs but Stef wants to throw it 50+, but it’s baker fault. Again it’s all on baker... 

Don’t give me “well he took the accountability on himself in the presser” well no sh!t, good leaders do that. They will wear the blame when it’s not always their fault or not 100% of their fault  

Yeah bakers 3 fumbles were costly, 2 of them were a result of all the missing pieces in the offense but let me guess, if the OL was intact and the WRs were all playing, baker would still be having those issues even tho since week7 those things weren’t even happening. 

I thought lawyers were suppose to be critical thinkers, because if you did or were able to, you wouldn’t wear your baker hate boner like a badge of honor because you would be able to identify surrounding circumstances for baker and his play but nope!!! The write in presidential candidates is the all knowing...

so you either lack critical thinking, which I don’t think is the case or you truly just love to hate on baker, to the point that you prolly would root for the Steelers just so you can hold thst over bakers head. 

9 hours ago, candyman93 said:

What would Gilmore cost? I’d love to get him still.

Probably a 1. Or a 2nd/5th. 

I wouldn’t hate it, but he is a 30 year old skill player. Seems like he’s due for a quick and swift decline. 

Edited by QBIso