College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Of course they did.

But Dee Haslam is big into player behavioral rehabilitation.

Don't be so sure that is not a part of the puzzle.

Montage Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I mean, they have to have discussed it with and been assured that Watson was all in, don't you think?

And I’m 100% certain he said yes if he was asked.

37 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Montage Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

And I’m 100% certain he said yes if he was asked.

Dee Haslam's involvement is real. Laugh it off if it makes you feel good.

I ask people questions with my antennae tuned to their veracity in answering regularly.

Again, laugh it off it makes you feel good but I have to believe that Berry, et al., have experience in that, too.

Thanks for the gif compilation, btw.😃 

With the trade going down, does this potentially change Berry's typical draft approach to focus on high caliber players who are a bit younger in age? Jalen Tolbert, for example, would typically not be a highly sought after target because he is 23 years old. Not saying we would have him high regardless, but given the confidence for winning immediately with Watson, does that change how we approach things?

10 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

With the trade going down, does this potentially change Berry's typical draft approach to focus on high caliber players who are a bit younger in age? Jalen Tolbert, for example, would typically not be a highly sought after target because he is 23 years old. Not saying we would have him high regardless, but given the confidence for winning immediately with Watson, does that change how we approach things?

Possibly. Makes sense, but he hasn’t done that yet. I think he might trade up if one of those top receivers falls. 
Wilson London Burks Olave Williams 

If one of them make it to the bottom of the first I could see a trade up to secure that fifth year option 

5 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Possibly. Makes sense, but he hasn’t done that yet. I think he might trade up if one of those top receivers falls. 
Wilson London Burks Olave Williams 

If one of them make it to the bottom of the first I could see a trade up to secure that fifth year option 

It would definitely be nice to still come away with one of those guys. I'd absolutely love Burks. I was thinking along the lines of a D'Marco Jackson type guy that absolutely performed on the football field for for his college career, but at 23.5 years wouldn't normally be someone we would target. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

It would definitely be nice to still come away with one of those guys. I'd absolutely love Burks. I was thinking along the lines of a D'Marco Jackson type guy that absolutely performed on the football field for for his college career, but at 23.5 years wouldn't normally be someone we would target. 

Burks is who I have been wanting to come away from this draft with all along. 

2 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

We've still got a 2nd 2 3rds and 2 4ths 

Thats crazy ammo for Berry

PLUS whatever we get for Baker 

Thats bout to get crazy

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Based on the trade value chart, if we traded a 2nd and both 3rds we could go all the way up to Arizona in the 1st. They pick 23.

I wonder if we just copy the Rams strategy regarding draft picks: Win now and trade for more established players.

I think this was an aberration. We didn’t trade our picks for older players before and we only did so for a 26 year old super star qb. Berry isn’t trading for older players. 

13 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Cooper had 865 yards that is it while being thrown to be dak.

You love finding one specific stat and just applying the hell out of it without context lol.

Cooper had 865 yards.  Yes.  He also did that on 104 targets.

Jarvis, who by your standard is better than Carter, Owens, etc as you’ve stated dozens of times, had just 17 less targets but 300 less yards and 6 less touchdowns.

So it would seem Amari is still pretty good even with 800 something yards.

13 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Are starting wr core right now has 1400 yards.

If that is not the 30th it is close.

Hopefully some teams start some rookies then I suppose.

If we keep the picks as it stands....I think they should go WR in the 2nd, and DE, DT with both 3rds.

There should be a starting caliber WR in the 2nd Round (tons of depth in this draft)

Bell or Dotson come to mind from the Big 10...wouldn't it be amazing if Jameson Williams fell because of the injury?

There should be a rotational Edge/DE available in the 3rd. (hopefully we re-sign Clowney to start)

Nik Bontto,  Myjai Sanders, Josh Paschal are dudes I'm looking at....maybe Cameron Thomas slips to here?

There should be someone to clog up the Middle at DT with our other 3rd

Travis Jones out of Uconn...John Ridgeway from Arkansas....Neil Farrell/LSU.....

Maybe we get lucky, and 2 out of these 3 picks turn out to be really good!!!!!

Edited by big poppa pump

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You love finding one specific stat and just applying the hell out of it without context lol.

Jarvis, who by your standard is better than Carter, Owens, etc as you’ve stated dozens of times, had just 17 less targets but 300 less yards and 6 less touchdowns.

Excelent post

How have you ben?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I saw that if you take 3 years of cooper and 3 years of dpj who we are starting right now we are horrible. 

There is still the Mayfield trade plus maybe a trade up if you do this there is 0 depth.

Let's take the best case scenario 

Mayfield gets traded to New Orleans for there 1st we draft Jameson he may not play a down till November that means you double cooper for 2 months

And make Dpj beat you while Chubb

Faces 8 man fronts.

Now who are drafting on  the defensive line and linebacking core

To stop the run

Edited by mtmmike
Stupid

4 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

I saw that if you take 3 years of cooper and 3 years of dpj who we are starting right now we are horrible. 

There is still the Mayfield trade plus maybe a trade up if you do this there is 0 depth.

Let's take the best case scenario 

Mayfield gets traded to New Orleans for there 1st we draft Jameson he may not play a down till November that means you double cooper for 2 months

And make Dpj beat you while Chubb

Faces 8 man fronts.

Now who are drafting on  the defensive line and linebacking core

To stop the run

Or they sign Will Fuller like everyone expects them too.

Or they trade for another receiver.

Or they draft a guy who can play week one.

If we’re playing the whole what if game, there’s a lot of ways we can go with this.

Besides, DPJ is 2-0 vs all pro and rookie of the year Jamar Chase.  So are Schwartz and Felton.

• Like 4