College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

39 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The kid from Georgia, I like him too. Pickens?

Pickens is one of the biggest lottery tickets in this draft. Pretty much no tape this year due to injury. But he's an athletic marvel and his tape last year is really solid. Unique attitude for a WR too (wants to dominate DBs with strength rather than pure speed). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FGK said:

Pickens is one of the biggest lottery tickets in this draft. Pretty much no tape this year due to injury. But he's an athletic marvel and his tape last year is really solid. Unique attitude for a WR too (wants to dominate DBs with strength rather than pure speed). 

I love Pickens, but because of his injury he couldn’t be the first receiver I’d take. 

a combine of Garrett Wilson, Olave, Burks in the first and then Pickens in the second could be nasty. 

3 hours ago, FGK said:

I like wildcards with elite measurables and athleticism Day 2 personally :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Gimme freaks all 7 rounds.

Sign the try-hards as UDFA.

And let’s be honest with Pickens, he’s got a year of elite film and then an injury. It’s not like he’s never been a good football player despite elite athleticism.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

And let’s be honest with Pickens, he’s got a year of elite film and then an injury. It’s not like he’s never been a good football player despite elite athleticism.

Yeah he’s always looked like a star. I’m not sure we can take him at 13 off a injury. Second round would be lovely. 

I think he could be the Tee Higgins to whoever we’d take round 1. 

• Like 1

In one offseason we could foreseeably turn our biggest weakness into a strength. 

I know a lot of guys on here want Dline and I get it. But the sooner we solve the receiver position the sooner Baker can either improve with them or the sooner we know he’s not the answer. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Yeah he’s always looked like a star. I’m not sure we can take him at 13 off a injury. Second round would be lovely. 

I think he could be the Tee Higgins to whoever we’d take round 1. 

If he is the 2nd WR we draft, I would be excited. If he is our #1 target at WR for the draft, I am going to be very nervous

23 minutes ago, brownie man said:

In one offseason we could foreseeably turn our biggest weakness into a strength. 

I know a lot of guys on here want Dline and I get it. But the sooner we solve the receiver position the sooner Baker can either improve with them or the sooner we know he’s not the answer. 

If they sign one of the better FA WRs, draft a WR @ 13 and grab another one in the 3rd round, I would be excited.

I completely agree. If they can try and solve the WR issue this offseason, it can go a long way for the QB position. It will either show us Baker can be the franchise guy, if he isnt, it sets up the QB after him to have some legit targets to work with