College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

1 hour ago, Reginaldm9 said:

With Clowney likely out of the picture, I keep thinking more and more that we’ll do an all-George draft in rounds 1 and 2. Karlaftis in a short trade down in round 1 and Pickens in round 2. 

At first I read this as an all-Georgia draft and thought “I’m cool with that”.  Then I realized it was an “all-GEORGE” draft, and I was cool with that.

Now I’m realizing neither of these situations is an all Ohio State draft, and I don’t like it as much.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Reginaldm9 said:

With Clowney likely out of the picture, I keep thinking more and more that we’ll do an all-George draft in rounds 1 and 2. Karlaftis in a short trade down in round 1 and Pickens in round 2. 

Geordan Davis DT Georgia

indiana-jones-door-close.gif

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Idk why everyone keeps assuming Clowney is leaving. 

Nobody has said anything. His camp hasn’t said anything besides he wants to be paid. 

I think we’re going to resign him 

Sounds like they’re far apart, but to your point, he’s looked for the huge, long term deal each of the last few seasons and the offer hasn’t been there.

Maybe it won’t be there now either.

He’s a hard guy to pay 20 million or whatever to as he’s had injuries and is closer to good than great.

43 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Idk why everyone keeps assuming Clowney is leaving. 

Nobody has said anything. His camp hasn’t said anything besides he wants to be paid. 

I think we’re going to resign him 

I think the odds are against it but that our FO is doing what they do every year, which is too look for the quality odd man out for a short deal. 

28 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Sounds like they’re far apart, but to your point, he’s looked for the huge, long term deal each of the last few seasons and the offer hasn’t been there.

Maybe it won’t be there now either.

He’s a hard guy to pay 20 million or whatever to as he’s had injuries and is closer to good than great.

2/$32mil would be fine. I hope he doesn't get the offer he wants and comes back here. The law of averages says he won't, though, but that perhaps we'll do the same thing with another similar quality player who doesn't get paid in FA and wants to try again in a year or two for a big payday (preferably from someone else by that time).

• Like 1

I like this one a lot.

About the best offseason approach I have seen that balances WR mania with DL/OL need:

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/LongFormArticle/Cleveland-Browns-What-If-They-Trade-For-A-WR-Day-29-31122-Browns-Daily-Mock-Draft-Experiment-6-184153136/#184153136_18

Not crazy about the Greek kid, although a part of me thinks he might turn into a Watt, but otherwise solid.

8 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

In my completely unbias opinion I would strongly consider Kent state qb Dustin crum with our first round pick. 

I’m imagining you know this kid or his family or something, which would make it all that much funnier if we did draft him R1 and you had to hate him like every other Cleveland athlete.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m imagining you know this kid or his family or something, which would make it all that much funnier if we did draft him R1 and you had to hate him like every other Cleveland athlete.

No. But I’d boo my own child if they didn’t produce. 

• Like 9

I’m sure he’s a good player but recency bias of the Ohio State game, a.k.a. the only game I watched of his, I have no interest in George Karkaftis. He was a complete ghost in that game, and then a couple weeks later, Aiden Hutchinson destroyed them on nearly every play. Like I said, it’s an unfair stigma and I haven’t watched him otherwise but it’s stuck with me.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I’m sure he’s a good player but recency bias of the Ohio State game, a.k.a. the only game I watched of his, I have no interest in George Karkaftis. He was a complete ghost in that game, and then a couple weeks later, Aiden Hutchinson destroyed them on nearly every play. Like I said, it’s an unfair stigma and I haven’t watched him otherwise but it’s stuck with me.

The game plans were different. We intentionally schemed offensively to eliminate Karlaftis.

I have zero clue what our game plan against Michigan was.