College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

1 minute ago, mtmmike said:

All over.

Fair enough.

I personally like the idea of bigger players at DE in the 4-3, but that doesn't seem what the browns are interested in.

Jadeveon Clowney - 6'-5" 267lbs

Takk McKinley - 6'-2" - 260lbs

Ifeadi Odenigbo - 6'-3" - 258lbs

I've heard them very interested in the following...

Yannick Ngakoue - 6'-2" 246lbs

Danielle Hunter - 6'-5" 240lbs

I know that this is just some of the many, but it does seem like they are completely fine with undersized DE's as long as they can rush the passer.

David Ojabo - 6'-4" - 250lbs before he hit the weight room at an NFL level? with great athleticism and crazy bend to get to the pass rusher?  Little experience so he's only improving.  Currently only 21 years old.  I think he is exactly what they look for.

2 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Fair enough.

I personally like the idea of bigger players at DE in the 4-3, but that doesn't seem what the browns are interested in.

Jadeveon Clowney - 6'-5" 267lbs

Takk McKinley - 6'-2" - 260lbs

Ifeadi Odenigbo - 6'-3" - 258lbs

I've heard them very interested in the following...

Yannick Ngakoue - 6'-2" 246lbs

Danielle Hunter - 6'-5" 240lbs

I know that this is just some of the many, but it does seem like they are completely fine with undersized DE's as long as they can rush the passer.

David Ojabo - 6'-4" - 250lbs before he hit the weight room at an NFL level? with great athleticism and crazy bend to get to the pass rusher?  Little experience so he's only improving.  Currently only 21 years old.  I think he is exactly what they look for.

The ceiling on that kid with Jok,Clowney, and myles would be about 25 sacks.

3 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

What makes you think Ojabo doesn't fit our scheme?

He's a pass rusher exclusively. He'd work in the Takk McKinley role from last year (I think that's Winovich's job this year), but I'd want more out of our first pick in the draft. Not to mention we have a history of not wanting ends off of Achilles injuries around. 

5 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

He's a pass rusher exclusively. He'd work in the Takk McKinley role from last year (I think that's Winovich's job this year), but I'd want more out of our first pick in the draft. Not to mention we have a history of not wanting ends off of Achilles injuries around. 

I am in the school of sacking qbs 9 times a game equals wins.

Kid is a straight up mauler. Would be perfect as a RT. Could be a project like Hudson that we want to develop.

NFL.com described him perfectly:

Big, wide and nasty.

Violent and powerful at the point of attack.

Strong grip to stymie opponents.

Edited by candyman93

On 4/4/2022 at 3:57 PM, Reginaldm9 said:

Regi due you think the Browns are bringing back McDowell that is why they are not pursuing dt?

28 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Regi due you think the Browns are bringing back McDowell that is why they are not pursuing dt?

We’re either letting McDowell walk due to off the field stuff or we’re going to give it enough time to pass from the off the field stuff and then quietly sign him back after the draft if we don’t secure a defensive tackle. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

We’re either letting McDowell walk due to off the field stuff or we’re going to give it enough time to pass from the off the field stuff and then quietly sign him back after the draft if we don’t secure a defensive tackle. 

Thank you 

2 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Gotta let things cool down so everyone knows we take off the field issues seriously. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Gotta let things cool down so everyone knows we take off the field issues seriously. 

Clever....and as wrong as it is...we know that if McDowell had Aaron Donald ability, we aren't even having a conversation about keeping him.  Great player= Do what you want, it doesn't matter.  Average player= Who wants the headache?  Cut him!