College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

36 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If you miss 12 weeks because of a hammy I’ve got serious questions. Are you going to miss an entire season if you get a high ankle sprain…? Are you going to pull a Michael Thomas one year?

If they wouldn’t have tried rushing him back twice, I’m betting it wouldn’t have been that long of a stretch.

game 3 or 4 he was out there a few snaps, and then in the iowa game I believe.

if they just came out and said heal up and come back for Penn state, I imagine he would have been a more active participant.

• Like 1

JSN goes end of round 1 tbh. There’s typically a gush of WRs at some point. Lions took Jamo at 12 and he’s not even playing. Tbh I think he always had some physical limitations. He’s not big and he’s not running a 4.3. But dude is crisp, runs good routes, catches the ball, and can accelerate after the catch. Will be great in the slot but all things considered goes between 25-35.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

JSN goes end of round 1 tbh. There’s typically a gush of WRs at some point. Lions took Jamo at 12 and he’s not even playing. Tbh I think he always had some physical limitations. He’s not big and he’s not running a 4.3. But dude is crisp, runs good routes, catches the ball, and can accelerate after the catch. Will be great in the slot but all things considered goes between 25-35.

Yeah he has a role, but I’m not sure he’s what this roster needs.

12 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Isn't it funny how tOSU guys get to the combine and run 4.3s out of the blue. I'm not saying he will run one but a 4.42 I can see

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Nope

we need a Garrett Wilson clone

wish we had a FRP next year for Marvin’s kid

I’d settle for a guy who’s 6’3 and fast/explosive.  Maybe not a polished route runner, maybe has a drop here and there, or whose blocking has some question marks, but someone who’s a freak and can provide big plays.

23 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah depending on how he tests he’s gonna perhaps be the best WR prospect since like…. Megaton?

4 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I’d say next under Chase who was the best since Megaton.

I think Julio and A.J. Green were both seen as being in that mold at the time that they were drafted. JMHO

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think Julio and A.J. Green were both seen as being in that mold at the time that they were drafted. JMHO

Oh yeah, good call.  Both of those two were elite.

24 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I’d say next under Chase who was the best since Megaton.

I don’t think Chase was as good of a prospect as Julio or Green.  I’d put Harrison above him too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh yeah, good call.  Both of those two were elite.

I don’t think Chase was as good of a prospect as Julio or Green.  I’d put Harrison above him too.

I’d have to disagree for sure 

Chase also only played 2 years as opposed to the other two which can also effect what you might think of him. 

AJ and Julio were awesome but people forget Julio didn’t get top 10 projections till after the combine. 

Chase can do more. He’s better with the ball in his hand than AJ. He’s faster and more explosive. All were great prospects but I’ll take Chase over Green, Julio, and Harrison as prospects coming out.  

Id rank them 

Calvin = 10

Chase = 9.45

AJ = 9.2

Julio = 9.15

Harrison 9.0

something like that to give you an idea. 

29 minutes ago, brownie man said:

AJ and Julio were awesome but people forget Julio didn’t get top 10 projections till after the combine. 

https://www.sbnation.com/2011-nfl-draft/2011/2/21/2004880/nfl-mock-draft-2011-combine?scrlybrkr=b43deb64

10. Washington Redskins: Julio Jones, WR, Alabama. With the top two quarterbacks off the board (and one not really a fit for Mike Shanahan's offense to begin with), the Redskins could either address their defense, or try to boost their very weak receiving corps. Jones is good value and a nice fit in Shanahan's scheme.

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

https://www.sbnation.com/2011-nfl-draft/2011/2/21/2004880/nfl-mock-draft-2011-combine?scrlybrkr=b43deb64

10. Washington Redskins: Julio Jones, WR, Alabama. With the top two quarterbacks off the board (and one not really a fit for Mike Shanahan's offense to begin with), the Redskins could either address their defense, or try to boost their very weak receiving corps. Jones is good value and a nice fit in Shanahan's scheme.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/608796-mock-draft-40-the-pre-combine-edition.amp.html

that’s a more in depth one. Remember when Cam wasn’t projected to go number 1 smh. I remember it wasn’t till like March that people started not being idiots about Cam. 

but yeah in this mock Julio was projected to go 14. That’s the range most were at 10-16 or so pre combine.  

Julio wasn’t Chase level coming out. Chase was a bonafide top 5 pick. 

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/608796-mock-draft-40-the-pre-combine-edition.amp.html

that’s a more in depth one. Remember when Cam wasn’t projected to go number 1 smh. I remember it wasn’t till like March that people started not being idiots about Cam. 

but yeah in this mock Julio was projected to go 14. That’s the range most were at 10-16 or so pre combine.  

Julio wasn’t Chase level coming out. Chase was a bonafide top 5 pick. 

It's almost like having Greg McElroy at QB instead of a #1 overall pick in Burrow could have something to do with the whole "pre-combine" thing that made him difficult to project athletically. 

• Like 1