College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

I think we’re going to draft Jonathan Mingo somewhere. Somebody else has been talking about it constantly and I think they’re right. 

if anything were to happen to Amari we need more help. 

He and Rakim Jarrett are two guys who intrigue me, in the mid rounds. They are both very different from each other obviously. Mingo reminds me a little of Greg Little but hopefully with better hands. Rak with his size is strictly a slot guy but could be a 5th round gem somewhere down the road. 

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

I think we’re going to draft Jonathan Mingo somewhere. Somebody else has been talking about it constantly and I think they’re right. 

I wouldn’t say constantly pal, but I’ve mentioned him a time or two.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

Excellent post.Greeting Good Day GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

He and Rakim Jarrett are two guys who intrigue me, in the mid rounds. They are both very different from each other obviously. Mingo reminds me a little of Greg Little but hopefully with better hands. Rak with his size is strictly a slot guy but could be a 5th round gem somewhere down the road. 

Going to be  interesting But I have a feeling everyone is going to go a round earlier then we think.Tired Manic Monday GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

• Like 1

Just a reminder:

When is the 2023 NFL Draft?

Round 1: Thursday, April 27, beginning at 8 p.m. ET.

Rounds 2 and 3: Friday, April 28, beginning at 7 p.m. ET.

Rounds 4 through 7: Saturday, April 29, beginning at noon ET.

Browns Draft Picks

Round 3: No. 74 (from NYJ)

Round 3: No. 98

Round 4: No. 111

Round 4: No. 126 (from MIN)

Round 5: No. 140 (from LAR)

Round 5: No. 142

Round 6: No. 190

Round 7: No. 229

• Like 2

On 4/17/2023 at 6:42 AM, NateDawg said:

Rakim Jarrett

Rakim Jarrett is a great bet on day 3. He is terrible at catching the football, running routes, and all things needed to be a good WR right now, but he's also ga-jacked, has the size, speed, and crazy YAC ability to become a superstar. He has Deebo Samuel type upside, but is nowhere near that ceiling yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Round 3: No. 74 (from NYJ)

Gimme Owen Pappoe WLB Auburn

Round 3: No. 98

Gimme Noah Sewell MLB Oregon

Round 4: No. 111

Gimme Israel Abanikanda RB Pittsburgh

Round 4: No. 126 (from MIN)

Gimme Moro Ojomo DT/DE Texas

Round 5: No. 140 (from LAR)

Gimme Max Melton CB Rutgers

Round 5: No. 142

Gimme Ochaun Mathis DE Nebraska

Round 6: No. 190

Gimme Payne Durham TE Purdue

Round 7: No. 229

Gimme Hunter Luepke FB/RB North Dakota State

On 4/17/2023 at 4:42 AM, NateDawg said:

It is going to be interesting But many drafts have Mingo in the first round.

Some drafts have him going 5th round personally not seeing it if 6 wr

Go round 1

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

It shall be interesting. Some mock drafts have Johnathan Mingo going in the first round.

Very well-written post, Mike! I am not disputing your claim that Mingo has gone in R1 in mocks. I haven't seen that personally, but that'd be absurd. He's not a 1st rounder by any stretch.

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

Conversely, some drafts have him going in the 5th round. I personally do not see that happening, especially if 6 WR's go in the first round.

Another well-written response! Gold star. I agree that he's not going R1, nor is he going in R5. He's going to probably be a 3rd round pick that may fall into the 4th, at worst. About 6 WR's going in round 1? Yeah there is a 0% chance of that happening. I think the over/under on WR's taken in R1 would be (2). JSN and Flowers are likely locks, but aside from that, I'd consider anything else a reach.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Very well-written post, Mike! I am not disputing your claim that Mingo has gone in R1 in mocks. I haven't seen that personally, but that'd be absurd. He's not a 1st rounder by any stretch.

Another well-written response! Gold star. I agree that he's not going R1, nor is he going in R5. He's going to probably be a 3rd round pick that may fall into the 4th, at worst. About 6 WR's going in round 1? Yeah there is a 0% chance of that happening. I think the over/under on WR's taken in R1 would be (2). JSN and Flowers are likely locks, but aside from that, I'd consider anything else a reach.

Let's agree to disagree there