College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

8 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

This guy needs to be talked up more 

This is a deep WR class!  I count 10 or more that have the potential to make a significant impact.  He is definitely on that list.  There are smaller dudes that can flat out fly, and aren't going to turn out to be Anthony Schwartz (Franklin, Worthy, McConkey)

and there are bigger studs, like Legette, that can high point balls, and also have speed (Harrison, Odunze, Coleman, Thomas)

The problem is many of these guys will be gone when we pick in second.  This is a time where I don't mind who is leftover.  WR should definitely be a priority with that 2nd round pick....

2 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

This is a deep WR class!  I count 10 or more that have the potential to make a significant impact.  He is definitely on that list.  There are smaller dudes that can flat out fly, and aren't going to turn out to be Anthony Schwartz (Franklin, Worthy, McConkey)

and there are bigger studs, like Legette, that can high point balls, and also have speed (Harrison, Odunze, Coleman, Thomas)

The problem is many of these guys will be gone when we pick in second.  This is a time where I don't mind who is leftover.  WR should definitely be a priority with that 2nd round pick....

I think Franklin could be there possibly 

lol people are delusional AF if they don’t think Ryan Day is on the hot seat this year.

”Ohio State Buckeyes Spent $13 Million and Counting in NIL Money in Attempt to Field Elite Roster”

https://gridironheroics.com/ohio-state-buckeyes-nil-13-million/

They just opened up their war-chest trying to build next years team. No more Gene Smith to coddle and baby the coaches at OSU.

It’s win or GTFO.

Edited by candyman93

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

lol people are delusional AF if they don’t think Ryan Day is on the hot seat this year.

”Ohio State Buckeyes Spent $13 Million and Counting in NIL Money in Attempt to Field Elite Roster”

https://gridironheroics.com/ohio-state-buckeyes-nil-13-million/

They just opened up their war-chest trying to build next years team. No more Gene Smith to coddle and baby the coaches at OSU.

It’s win or GTFO.

I've been wondering ever since NIL was officially implemented, if Ohio State was being conservative with the ammount of money they were willing to spend.  The reports of so many 5 star players leaning towards Ohio State or being crystal balled to them only to change there minds shortly before committing/signing began to surprise me.  Players flipping is not uncommon but it started happening at a much higher rate once NIL started.  Has Ohio State finally decided to take the proverbial gloves off & spend some serious NIL money? It looks like it & I like it.

Peace!!!

2 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

I've been wondering ever since NIL was officially implemented, if Ohio State was being conservative with the ammount of money they were willing to spend.  The reports of so many 5 star players leaning towards Ohio State or being crystal balled to them only to change there minds shortly before committing/signing began to surprise me.  Players flipping is not uncommon but it started happening at a much higher rate once NIL started.  Has Ohio State finally decided to take the proverbial gloves off & spend some serious NIL money? It looks like it & I like it.

Peace!!!

From what I understand, unless you’re the absolute best freshmen- You’re not getting paid.

We’re going to pay more established players.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

From what I understand, unless you’re the absolute best freshmen- You’re not getting paid.

We’re going to pay more established players.

If that means pulling in players anywhere near like Caleb Downs, I'll take it.  Hopefully they can continue upgrading the roster, especially at OL. In my eyes, that's the biggest weakness on the team right now.

Peace!!!

13 hours ago, cortes02 said:

If that means pulling in players anywhere near like Caleb Downs, I'll take it.  Hopefully they can continue upgrading the roster, especially at OL. In my eyes, that's the biggest weakness on the team right now.

Peace!!!

OSU's OL is embarrassing when it's compared to some of the other Big 10 schools. That, and the pedestrian QB they had last year, was the reason they fell. I think Ryan Day should definitely eat a huge chunk of the blame for the failures, but they need to get that OL right. And it looks like they've upgraded at QB, if you ask me. I think that will serve them well moving forward, as McCord was as "meh" as it gets. With all of those weapons, he should have had a billion yards.

• Like 1