College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

3 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

OSU's OL is embarrassing when it's compared to some of the other Big 10 schools. That, and the pedestrian QB they had last year, was the reason they fell. I think Ryan Day should definitely eat a huge chunk of the blame for the failures, but they need to get that OL right. And it looks like they've upgraded at QB, if you ask me. I think that will serve them well moving forward, as McCord was as "meh" as it gets. With all of those weapons, he should have had a billion yards.

I mean, Paris Johnson, Dewand, NPF, Munford, Wypler, Myers, Davis…. Those are the draft picks just from the last 3 years.

Thats more than enough talent to compete when that’s supposedly the weak link of the offense.

On 1/22/2024 at 11:51 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, Paris Johnson, Dewand, NPF, Munford, Wypler, Myers, Davis…. Those are the draft picks just from the last 3 years.

Thats more than enough talent to compete when that’s supposedly the weak link of the offense.

Don't you know, only Ryan Day and/or OSU slander is allowed

OSU biggest down year in the last 12 years is an 11-2 season with a bowl loss with a 3rd string freshman QB who got put in the game within the first 10 min of the game. Ryan Day has recruited like a madman for years. This year is the first time I can remember OSU getting a bunch of players to stay. I think the no gold pants is the reason for this.

I have been against firing Ryan Day, at this point he will have a team that should be in the NC game at min next year. This team is as loaded as I can remember. 

On 1/20/2024 at 12:05 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

This guy needs to be talked up more 

One of my favorite players to get in the draft.....him and Rice's Son have been the WR's in my Mock draft....

Also like the kid Spencer Rattler in the 6th....thats the kid that made all the noise as a Freshman at Oklahoma and lost his job...he ended up at South Carolina (my home state school) and put together some solid years.....

There was another kid from South Carolina (I think he transferred) Antwuan Wells Jr. (Juice Wells) keep an eye on this kid for next year....he was thinking of going to the NFL, but I think Ole Miss came with some BIG MONEY and he know's with a good season hes a 1rst round pick...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JDD said:

Don't you know, only Ryan Day and/or OSU slander is allowed

OSU biggest down year in the last 12 years is an 11-2 season with a bowl loss with a 3rd string freshman QB who got put in the game within the first 10 min of the game. Ryan Day has recruited like a madman for years. This year is the first time I can remember OSU getting a bunch of players to stay. I think the no gold pants is the reason for this.

I have been against firing Ryan Day, at this point he will have a team that should be in the NC game at min next year. This team is as loaded as I can remember. 

I am slandering Ryan Day the coach lol.  Ryan Day the recruiter is excellent.

He had nearly an entire OL of nfl starters, a QB who made the pro bowl and led the league in passing ypg as a rookie and arguably the most absurd collection of talent ever at WR and is on a 3 game skid vs Michigan and is 1-2 in the last 3 bowl games.

He’s gotta do better at finishing seasons.

23 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I am slandering Ryan Day the coach lol.  Ryan Day the recruiter is excellent.

He had nearly an entire OL of nfl starters, a QB who made the pro bowl and led the league in passing ypg as a rookie and arguably the most absurd collection of talent ever at WR and is on a 3 game skid vs Michigan and is 1-2 in the last 3 bowl games.

He’s gotta do better at finishing seasons.

3000% agree, had a legendary college QB (albeit one he developed), now I will give him a pass for having to deal with UM knowing their stuff but he has a lot of resources at OSU and we need to see a sizable return. I would love to get back to the days were we get blowouts and get the young guys getting reps and experience

• Like 1

I disagree. If a coach leaves with years on their contract than you should get a chance to transfer. 

You should get 1 transfer before you have to sit for a year. I don’t agree with transferring every year. 

Grad transfer can stay the same

11 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Everyone gets to enter the portal. It’s lunacy. 

There is a transfer window that everyone can participate in.

if your HC leaves, you get a 30 day transfer portal window outside of the general one. 

1 hour ago, JDD said:

I disagree. If a coach leaves with years on their contract than you should get a chance to transfer. 

You should get 1 transfer before you have to sit for a year. I don’t agree with transferring every year. 

Grad transfer can stay the same

But why? Nothing really stops a coach from moving on at any time. Nothing stops the school from hiring/firing a guy. When they hire/fire they don’t take the players into consideration.

regular students can transfer all they want.

why should athletes for said school be the only ones with restrictions? If they can be accepted into said school they can transfer there and play.

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

But why? Nothing really stops a coach from moving on at any time. Nothing stops the school from hiring/firing a guy. When they hire/fire they don’t take the players into consideration.

regular students can transfer all they want.

why should athletes for said school be the only ones with restrictions? If they can be accepted into said school they can transfer there and play.

Lots needs to change honestly. 

I said if the HC leaves you get to transfer no issues. 

You should get 1 transfer no issues. The next one you are a junior. At that point you should have some consequences for jumping around. Or you have to wait until spring to make the jump so the HC has time to talk to you.  

Early signing is dumb too