College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

Gimme a mid-level veteran QB and a 3rd round type guy that could maybe be a starter level guy at some point. If this team had top 12 level QB play last season they would have been division winners. 

I don’t think we will do poor enough to take one of the top couple of guys and I don’t want to see us reach in the first round like the Vikings did either. Help your team out by drafting a starting level player at another position if you can manage to get by with a veteran somehow. 

If there is a guy we truly like as an elite NFL quarterback in the draft then great, go get him obviously. 

With how we ended last year and with our current roster, I would love to see this team make a run over the next couple of years yet. We just need to weather the current situation with Watson.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Oh gosh imagine McCord in the NFL without a clean pocket. 

Glad he’s doing well at Syracuse. I think that’s the right stage for him.

I said it last year-

I honestly think Stefanski would like McCord more than our fan base does lol

He wants a pocket passer

27 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Gimme a mid-level veteran QB and a 3rd round type guy that could maybe be a starter level guy at some point. If this team had top 12 level QB play last season they would have been division winners. 

I don’t think we will do poor enough to take one of the top couple of guys and I don’t want to see us reach in the first round like the Vikings did either. Help your team out by drafting a starting level player at another position if you can manage to get by with a veteran somehow. 

If there is a guy we truly like as an elite NFL quarterback in the draft then great, go get him obviously. 

With how we ended last year and with our current roster, I would love to see this team make a run over the next couple of years yet. We just need to weather the current situation with Watson.

Man, I like JJ and that’s exactly the type of dude I want.

21, multiple year starter for a big time program, won games, played in a pro style offense/actually had to read defenses and go through progressions, understands how to take what a defense gives you, has some mobility but isn’t looking to run, zero off the field drama.

I’d send our first and second to MIN right now for him just to get in the building and start learning the offense and such lol.

42 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Man, I like JJ and that’s exactly the type of dude I want.

21, multiple year starter for a big time program, won games, played in a pro style offense/actually had to read defenses and go through progressions, understands how to take what a defense gives you, has some mobility but isn’t looking to run, zero off the field drama.

I’d send our first and second to MIN right now for him just to get in the building and start learning the offense and such lol.

Yeah, there’s always going to be mixed opinions on some of these guys. I’m not as bullish on him but time will tell. I guess my general point is I hope we don’t just reach 1st round on a quarterback just because he’s a quarterback. If we really love a guy and he’s there then that’s great but no more Weeden, Kizer, etc picks. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I said it last year-

I honestly think Stefanski would like McCord more than our fan base does lol

He wants a pocket passer

He’s Drew Bledsoe but not the same passer.

Very few guys in the NFL anymore can succeed with the type of legs that dude has. At least from what we saw last year his pocket awareness wasn’t good enough. Wish the kid all the best though.

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah, there’s always going to be mixed opinions on some of these guys. I’m not as bullish on him but time will tell. I guess my general point is I hope we don’t just reach 1st round on a quarterback just because he’s a quarterback. If we really love a guy and he’s there then that’s great but no more Weeden, Kizer, etc picks. 

I think talent is part of the equation, but so is having a plan for them to succeed and develop them.

in years past we selected questionable talent AND put them in situations where very few would succeed. I do think this roster is ready to help any young QB and we have a competent coaching staff.  

Personally I’d love to sit whoever it is for their full rookie year.  Or at least most of it.  Just watching guys like Love, Rodgers, Mahomes, Cousins, etc who got some time to sit and learn the NFL game and acclimate to the speed and whatnot at their pace as opposed to just being thrown to the wolves, it just seems so beneficial to me.  I realize plenty of guys start out of the gate too, not saying that can’t work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

He’s Drew Bledsoe but not the same passer.

Very few guys in the NFL anymore can succeed with the type of legs that dude has. At least from what we saw last year his pocket awareness wasn’t good enough. Wish the kid all the best though.

I don’t know why McCord can’t be a Kirk Cousins type