Rockets, Mike D'Antoni Part Ways

CWood21

3 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I’m not gonna lie, that’s a pretty mediocre lineup.

Have you...have you seen the other teams in the East?

I mean, one of Chicago, Orlando, Atlanta, Charlotte, New York, Washington, Detroit or Cleveland HAS to make it as the 8th seed. There's no reason that rotation couldn't do it. Though, LIS, they HAVE to get the coaching hire right otherwise it's a moot point. That team goes nowhere without proper coaching.

Edited by beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

Have you...have you seen the other teams in the East?

They went 22-43 this year in that ****ty conference. Halliburton plus marginal improvement from Coby White are not going to magically make them competitive in the East. The front court is especially a disaster.

As for coaching, I’ll believe it when I see it.

1 minute ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

They went 22-43 this year in that ****ty conference. Halliburton plus marginal improvement from Coby White are not going to magically make them competitive in the East. The front court is especially a disaster.

Carter, Porter, and Lauri all missed a ton of time for them this season though. 

I think it's reasonable to expect improvements from LaVine, Porter, White, Lauri, and Carter. They're all young players that have flashed but haven't been consistent outside of LaVine. 

Their biggest issue last season was that they lacked a facilitator/playmaking guard. They had to roll with Satoransky at PG last year. Adding someone like Haliburton would give them a lead guard with high end passing ability and a guard that can also play off ball and still be effective. He has winning intangibles that their young core is currently lacking and I think you'd see their young bigs play a lot better with a guard like him as well. He'll be like Lonzo Ball but a much better player off ball because he's a borderline elite spot up shooter. 

36 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

How is that front court a "disaster" lol. Lauri and Carter a legit young players, Thad is a high end veteran bench presence and has been for years and Gafford is a young player still developing that performed well in limited action. He's someone I think takes another step this year. 

Just because a team is young and unproven doesn't make it a "disaster." They were also coached by a moron who lost the locker room by trying to be a Nazi and control everything. If you watched the Bulls at all last year, you saw the talent they possess. They just need a proper coach. No more learning curve guys.

I GUARANTEE you that MDA would get the Bulls to the playoffs with relative ease.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

lol round and round we go. I remember Rockets fans defending this hiring tooth and nail, and now MDA was a "bad fit". 

The Rockets roster is bad. The super small ball thing is fun but you're basically punching an exit as soon as you face the Lakers which is inevitable. They'll need to gut the roster with limited trade assets. The Westbrook trade was a complete disaster. Harden is a career loser tbh. 

please find me receipts of me liking the hire.  hell i'll find it myself where i said i clearly didn't like it. must got me mixed up with someone else.

45 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

How is that front court a "disaster" lol. Lauri and Carter a legit young players, Thad is a high end veteran bench presence and has been for years and Gafford is a young player still developing that performed well in limited action. He's someone I think takes another step this year. 

Just because a team is young and unproven doesn't make it a "disaster." They were also coached by a moron who lost the locker room by trying to be a Nazi and control everything. If you watched the Bulls at all last year, you saw the talent they possess. They just need a proper coach. No more learning curve guys.

I GUARANTEE you that MDA would get the Bulls to the playoffs with relative ease.

Lauri has arguably gotten worse after 3 years in the NBA now. Carter can’t shoot.

Rich man’s Mike Muscala and Will Cauley-Stein.

Edited by redsoxsuck05

21 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Lauri has arguably gotten worse after 3 years in the NBA now. Carter can’t shoot.

Rich man’s Mike Muscala and Will Cauley-Stein.

Lauri was also playing injured. I can almost certainly assure you he is much closer to the player he was when he first entered the league vs last year. Lots of talent on the Bulls, just need a good coach to make it all fit.