Rockets, Mike D'Antoni Part Ways

CWood21

It’s not that Mike is a bad coach, it’s just he was a bad coach for the rockets. For a young team that doesn’t expect to compete for a title, he can give guys confidence and help them put up big stat lines and all that. He just doesn’t have the personality to hold stars accountable and he struggles to have a real offense that’s not all free wheeling. That’s why he struggled with that lakers super team. 

59 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

It’s not that Mike is a bad coach, it’s just he was a bad coach for the rockets. For a young team that doesn’t expect to compete for a title, he can give guys confidence and help them put up big stat lines and all that. He just doesn’t have the personality to hold stars accountable and he struggles to have a real offense that’s not all free wheeling. That’s why he struggled with that lakers super team. 

Right or it's that Morey traded a guy who cares about winning for Westbrook who just wants to fight people when he looks like a fool which is often. MDA was the best coach for that team. Ya'll gonna regress next season

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Right or it's that Morey traded a guy who cares about winning for Westbrook who just wants to fight people when he looks like a fool which is often. MDA was the best coach for that team. Ya'll gonna regress next season

for the 100th time, morey wasnt the one who wanted to trade for westbrook.  the dumb owner tillman fertitta did. 

6 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

thank god.

JVG better be interviewed within the next day or 2 and hired within a week.

And what exactly will JVG do? And you think he wants THIS roster? The Rockets are committed to small ball regardless of their coach. But that's also going to turn away some candidates. Pj Tucker has been very good for the Rockets and allows them to play that style, but he's also 35 years old. He can fall off a cliff at any point and what happens then? I'm really not sure which established coach will take this job. 

11 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And what exactly will JVG do? And you think he wants THIS roster? The Rockets are committed to small ball regardless of their coach. But that's also going to turn away some candidates. Pj Tucker has been very good for the Rockets and allows them to play that style, but he's also 35 years old. He can fall off a cliff at any point and what happens then? I'm really not sure which established coach will take this job. 

morey and jvg are real cool.  if you think they will have the same roster then you are delusional.  they will definitely shape up the roster with each others input. 

lol round and round we go. I remember Rockets fans defending this hiring tooth and nail, and now MDA was a "bad fit". 

The Rockets roster is bad. The super small ball thing is fun but you're basically punching an exit as soon as you face the Lakers which is inevitable. They'll need to gut the roster with limited trade assets. The Westbrook trade was a complete disaster. Harden is a career loser tbh. 

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

morey and jvg are real cool.  if you think they will have the same roster then you are delusional.  they will definitely shape up the roster with each others input. 

There are reports they want to continue playing small ball. They have a terrible contract in Westbrook and limited assets. How much of a roster change do you expect? There won't likely be any major changes. 

Cassel is supposedly interested in the job and I could see him getting it. 

16 hours ago, beekay414 said:

MDA wouldn't want to go to a rebuilding team, right? I think he'd be fun in Chicago if he did. Then again, maybe not.

The Bulls are rebuilding but if they hit on that #4 pick and stay healthy they should be a playoff team in the East next season, especially with an upgrade at HC.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Bulls are rebuilding but if they hit on that #4 pick and stay healthy they should be a playoff team in the East next season, especially with an upgrade at HC.

I'm intrigued by what they do with that pick. If they take Haliburton, they are 100% a playoff team next year if they get the coaching hire right.

Haliburton | White
LaVine | Satoransky
OPJ | Hutchison
Lauri | Thad
Carter | Gafford

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm intrigued by what they do with that pick. If they take Haliburton, they are 100% a playoff team next year if they get the coaching hire right.

Haliburton | White
LaVine | Satoransky
OPJ | Hutchison
Lauri | Thad
Carter | Gafford

Definitely. I think Haliburton or Avdija would be a nice fit with them. In the very likely scenario that Otto Porter and Mike Conley both opt in to the last years of their contract I think that could be a nice swap for both teams. Utah was reportedly enamored with Otto Porter before he got dealt to Chicago and the Bulls need a steadying player at PG. 

Maybe something like Mike Conley + #23 to Chicago for Otto Porter. Then they can take Avdija #4. 

Conley - LaVine - Avdija - Lauri - Carter

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Definitely. I think Haliburton or Avdija would be a nice fit with them. In the very likely scenario that Otto Porter and Mike Conley both opt in to the last years of their contract I think that could be a nice swap for both teams. Utah was reportedly enamored with Otto Porter before he got dealt to Chicago and the Bulls need a steadying player at PG. 

Maybe something like Mike Conley + #23 to Chicago for Otto Porter. Then they can take Avdija #4. 

Conley - LaVine - Avdija - Lauri - Carter

Definitely an option. That locker room could use someone like Conley in it. That's the thing they gotta get right, first, after that Boylen fiasco if they want to take another step as a team.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Haliburton | White
LaVine | Satoransky
OPJ | Hutchison
Lauri | Thad
Carter | Gafford

I’m not gonna lie, that’s a pretty mediocre lineup.