BDL 2020 Week 1 - Hungary Hippos @ Berlin Blitzkrieg

rackcs

Hungary Hippos @ Berlin Blitzkrieg  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Hungary Hippos
    • Berlin Blitzkrieg

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/17/2020 at 04:01 AM

4 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Linsley and Moton are both great players.  Kolton and Cappa are third year guys who looked very good Sunday(Kolton in particular looked great albeit against Carolina) after being a lot better than people gave them credit for last year.  And Kindley had a very nice debut for Miami.  

Obviously we need to see consistency out of Kolton, Cappa, and Kindley, but at least for this week, they were definitely good for BDL standards.

Might not want to throw the this week card given the week of your LBers though

I think Hungary has a mixed offensive game. Mostert as a good game and Dak gets a lof of yardage with Hungary WRs beating regularly Berlin CBs. However, lack of depth at RB worries me and I think Lawrence and Smith have a huge game for Berlin, creating a couple of turnovers (2 INTs and 1 FF). On the other side I see one big advntage in that both outside WRs for Berlin are  1vs1 with no help on top whatsoever. Leaving ARod - especially this week - this kind of opportunity is suicidal imho. 

Berlin takes it, 34-24

I've been back and forth on this one for a while. I think I'm one of the few people who doesn't immediately jump on week 1 stats and I try to take in larger bodies of work if possible. I think both offenses are going to make plays, I think both run games are comparable. The one big difference I see is the disparity in Hungary WR's vs the Berlin DB's. In a game where it looks dead even, sure it's easy to automatically take the better QB, but I think this game comes down to who will make the big stop, and I think that will be Hungary.

2 hours ago, TedLavie said:

I think Hungary has a mixed offensive game. Mostert as a good game and Dak gets a lof of yardage with Hungary WRs beating regularly Berlin CBs. However, lack of depth at RB worries me and I think Lawrence and Smith have a huge game for Berlin, creating a couple of turnovers (2 INTs and 1 FF). On the other side I see one big advntage in that both outside WRs for Berlin are  1vs1 with no help on top whatsoever. Leaving ARod - especially this week - this kind of opportunity is suicidal imho. 

Berlin takes it, 34-24

Fournette started for my offense all last season... He barely played for Tampa because he got added last week... I don't see that as lack of depth. 

Side note: As Jlash pointed out there is a vast discrepancy in talent level in comparing secondaries here. You say Dak throws 2 picks to an inferior secondary while it is suicide that my much better secondary plays man. (In non-bump and run coverage mind you) {This after Dak threw only 11 INTs last season and 8 the season before}

Edited by PR

7 minutes ago, PR said:

Fournette started for my offense all last season... He barely played for Tampa because he got added last week... I don't see that as lack of depth. 

Side note: As Jlash pointed out there is a vast discrepancy in talent level in comparing secondaries here. You say Dak throws 2 picks to an inferior secondary while it is suicide that my much better secondary plays man. (In non-bump and run coverage mind you)

I don't think Fournette is very good and I don't think he'll see a lot of snaps in Tampa. I might be wrong on that of course, but right now I don't think he's helping you too much.

Jlash pointed out that you had much better WRs than Berlin DBs - which I did as well. Where I disagree with Jlash is when he said this is the big disparity he sees. I see another one which is your tackles vs Berlin edge duo. Hence the turnovers. And let's not act like Griffin - who I like btw though he is a bit up and down at times - and Moseley are All-Pros either. They're better than Berlin's yes, but Berlin has a deep safety at all times. Your FS is in an over/under coverage of ODB and your SS is moving around the formation. You're inviting ARod to beat you deep, and I think he does

Berlin's OL does have potential but I don't know if they're super dependable right now. They should hold up decently against the Hippos but other teams will abuse them I think. With that being said, I think between the weakness on the OL and in the secondary, Hungary is going to be able to put up a little more offense than Berlin. Rodgers makes it close but doesn't quite get it done.