MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah IMO it's Rodgers and I don't even think it's worth debating at this point. He's got a clear lead in basically every metric you can think of.

Well that's not true. Not in the made up statistic of "how super hard defenses play against them" statistic. I mean, we have defense after defense literally resting all of their starters and running a completely vanilla scheme against Rodgers one week, so that they can be fresh and ready to go against Mahomes the next.

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

Well that's not true. Not in the made up statistic of "how super hard defenses play against them" statistic. I mean, we have defense after defense literally resting all of their starters and running a completely vanilla scheme against Rodgers one week, so that they can be fresh and ready to go against Mahomes the next.

"Guys we're facing Rodgers this week, let's just be happy we can run our basic schemes and not change anything like we'd have to if we were playing the Chiefs!"

2 minutes ago, DannyB said:

I PROMISE you, that if you had said that in regards to Rodgers, even though I think he should be the MVP, I would say that's a bizarre argument to make. Like, somehow defensive coordinators are MORE concerned with one elite quarterback playing to the best of his ability than the other? Weird.

I also have questions about why not blitzing and putting pressure on the QB is somehow supposed to stop big plays but whatever I don't wanna get too far in the weeds here.

Sure you would have. 

Its not necessarily about being concerned, never said that. What I mean that the chiefs offense, led by Mahomes, presents more problems in my opinion based on his unique ability. 

If Rodgers wins it, fine. He would be a worthy winner. For me, I think Mahomes has been better and I’ve stated the reasons above 

4 hours ago, Spartacus said:

I can't verify the source and I know FO does a "Adjusted INT" stat but this came up today.

"Patrick Mahomes sets new NFL record for Dropped INTs at 16 on the year" 

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/patrick-mahomes-sets-ignominious-nfl-record-dropped-interceptions-01etk0gzzcf5

This stat means nothing. You guys are being ridiculous coming up with this stuff to steal the trophy away from Mahomes. Kid went 15-1 behind a trash offensive line. It's his award.

13 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Sure you would have. 

Its not necessarily about being concerned, never said that. What I mean that the chiefs offense, led by Mahomes, presents more problems in my opinion based on his unique ability. 

I 100% would have because it's a silly premise for an argument, whether or not I agree with the conclusion.

I would say the Chiefs offense has more viable receiving weapons. And Mahomes ability isn't so much "unique" as he's just really really (really) good at throwing the football. Much like Rodgers.

5 minutes ago, Kirill said:

This stat means nothing. You guys are being ridiculous coming up with this stuff to steal the trophy away from Mahomes. Kid went 15-1 behind a trash offensive line. It's his award.

bro don't even worry about it, I mean you don't care about silly things like awards, right? Only super bowls c'mon son!

8 minutes ago, DannyB said:

bro don't even worry about it, I mean you don't care about silly things like awards, right? Only super bowls c'mon son!

Pretty much. Which is why everyone knows they can get away with giving it to anyone but Mahomes. You can split hairs over the INT's, but Rodgers would not be 15-1 under the same circumstances. Thats all I need to know, it's Mahomes MVP trophy.

2 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Pretty much. Which is why everyone knows they can get away with giving it to anyone but Mahomes. You can split hairs over the INT's, but Rodgers would not be 15-1 under the same circumstances. Thats all I need to know, it's Mahomes MVP trophy.

Agreed. No way Rodgers loses to the Raiders w/ that supporting cast.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

@Jakuvious => werent you and  I talking about this? You kinda downplayed it. 

The source in that link is literally just a Patriots fan on Twitter.

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/patrick-mahomes/

This has him 20th (meaning the 19 guys had more than him) in dangerous throws, and 28th (meaning 27 guys had more than him) in interceptable passes this year. Like 3 more potential INTs than Rodgers.

Don't know a ton about this source either, but it's at least a website with numbers for everybody.

9 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Aaron would be 16-0 with that chiefs team (jk but I'd comfortably give him 15-1 with that team).

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The #5 OL in the NFL in pass block win rate is a trash OL?

We had almost an entirely backup OL against New Orleans, It has absolutely been bad this year. Genuinely don't care what the numbers say. It's the worst OL we've had since like the Matt Cassel era, both in run blocking and pass pro. Mix of injuries and just not being that good in the first place.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah IMO it's Rodgers and I don't even think it's worth debating at this point. He's got a clear lead in basically every metric you can think of.

What about the metric of winning football games? I realize it's not quite as advanced as pretend interceptions, which Rodgers is doing better than Mahomes in.