2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

4 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Media rumor said qb situation will be handled by new HC but we won't know whether or not JD wants Darnold to remain starter for Jets.

It will be mutual. JD wont hire a guy that doesnt share the same vision as him at QB. JD and the HC will be on the same page at QB. Whether thats to stick with Darnold or to draft Fields or Wilson... I dont know. But you can bet they wont not see eye to eye on that issue.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It will be mutual. JD wont hire a guy that doesnt share the same vision as him at QB. JD and the HC will be on the same page at QB. Whether thats to stick with Darnold or to draft Fields or Wilson... I dont know. But you can bet they wont not see eye to eye on that issue.

Oh of course.

43 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Do we even know what JD’s vision for QB is?  I agree that he will not hire a coach who does not share the vision, but maybe he wants to hear what the candidate has to say and go with the guy he feels may be best to achieve success. 

2 minutes ago, xrade said:

I hear the Jets may be linked to Dan Mullen. If the Jets were to hire Mullen, could Dak Prescott be far behind?  Mullen was OC as MS State and developed Prescott. The two still talk. 

DAL isn't letting Dak get away. His value was shown this year with him out. 

1 minute ago, xrade said:

Do we even know what JD’s vision for QB is?  I agree that he will not hire a coach who does not share the vision, but maybe he wants to hear what the candidate has to say and go with the guy he feels may be best to achieve success. 

He's doing exactly what he should be doing. Talking highly of Darnold. That's a positive any way you slice it and smart. If he plans on keeping him. It gives Darnold confidence that the FO is behind him. If we do intend on trading him. It doesn't hurt his trade value talking highly of him. 

23 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

DAL isn't letting Dak get away. His value was shown this year with him out. 

On the surface this is true. But why hasn’t Dallas extended him yet even before the injury?  Also, Dallas has won nothing with him, maybe they are entertaining a rebuild even if it is a “competitive rebuild”. Let’s not assume it is not possible or even very low probability. Until Dallas signs Dak, he is a FA at the start of the league year. 

53 minutes ago, xrade said:

On the surface this is true. But why hasn’t Dallas extended him yet even before the injury?  Also, Dallas has won nothing with him, maybe they are entertaining a rebuild even if it is a “competitive rebuild”. Let’s not assume it is not possible or even very low probability. Until Dallas signs Dak, he is a FA at the start of the league year. 

Per ESPN,  lengthy of contract was an issue when contract talk window closed for full season last year. Cowboys prepared to pay Dak 34m AAV so 37m (2nd F tag price) isn't making much difference.  Tagging him again and working on contract is a possibility.  One year older and recovery from horrendous ankle injury may make Dak cave in and take 5 year contract.

9 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Per ESPN,  lengthy of contract was an issue when contract talk window closed for full season last year. Cowboys prepared to pay Dak 34m AAV so 37m (2nd F tag price) isn't making much difference.  Tagging him again and working on contract is a possibility.  One year older and recovery from horrendous ankle injury may make Dak cave in and take 5 year contract.

For the record, I do think Dak will resign with Dallas. But until that happens he is slated to be a FA and for teams needing a QB, it can’t be discounted as a scenario to be considered. 

4 minutes ago, xrade said:

For the record, I do think Dak will resign with Dallas. But until that happens he is slated to be a FA and for teams needing a QB, it can’t be discounted as a scenario to be considered. 

IF that somehow happens I want to trade down and get Devonta Smith.  Then Dak has Smith, Mims, Crowder, FA and we finally become a passing team.  

4 minutes ago, xrade said:

And we also can't ignore the possibility of tagging him again.

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Half the interviews are defensive minded coaches.

I didnt say they would only look at one side of the ball I just think when push comes to shove it is very unlikely to be a DC despite looking for a CEO type this time.  My guess is they go with an offensive guy but that's my guess.  

I think they want the CEO type but will also want the HC to be an extension of the QB so the offensive game plan doesn't change if the OC were to move on.  

If Daboll takes a HC job you have to wonder what that might do to Allen.  I'd hate to build a successful offense for our young QB only to lose his OC when things get good.  If the HC develops the game plan at least the QB will always have stability there even if the play caller changes.

Just my two cents.

• Like 1