2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

Just now, xenajets said:

Absolute bollocks if true. How can a professional Qb not be allowed to audible?! 

Gase didn't trust him.  He was asked by media why that was the case (not being able to audible) and Sam would deflect and say you have to ask the coaches that.

No audibles allowed, no pre snap motion, we put him behind the 8 ball.  One thing I continued to say about Gase...the way he was operating was line up against the other team and beat them straight up.  We did not have enough talent for that and it was a disaster for guys.  We need a coach that will adjust and also put players in a position to succeed.  

We have seen it with Jimmy G and Goff who are not great QBs, especially when you have to put the team on your back, but the pre snap motion is a huge part of helping them and both teams made it to Super Bowls.

8 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I’d love David Shaw, Jim Harbaugh or Lincoln Riley. They would be excellent hires and program setters. 

From the co-ordinator level Daboll or Arthur Smith look the best options. Maybe Eric Bieniemy but he worry’s me coming from the Andy Reid system with all world skill players and the best qb in the league. 

I find any suggestion about JD couldn't collect a bunch of high level weapons very disturbing.🤨

Edited by JetsandI

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Gase didn't trust him.  He was asked by media why that was the case (not being able to audible) and Sam would deflect and say you have to ask the coaches that.

No audibles allowed, no pre snap motion, we put him behind the 8 ball.  One thing I continued to say about Gase...the way he was operating was line up against the other team and beat them straight up.  We did not have enough talent for that and it was a disaster for guys.  We need a coach that will adjust and also put players in a position to succeed.  

We have seen it with Jimmy G and Goff who are not great QBs, especially when you have to put the team on your back, but the pre snap motion is a huge part of helping them and both teams made it to Super Bowls.

If you must know, Darnold suffered the most under pressure rating in NFL this season, per Yahoo.

15 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I think even the biggest Adam Gase supporters or Sam Darnold naysayers can all admit that the kid has had one of the worst chances of succeeding over the last 3 drafts of the top qbs taken (maybe you could argue Josh Rosen).

Between coaching and talent around him he never really had a chance that’s why I think he may do well away from here. The ****e that has transpired over the last three years has made it time to part ways though. Hopefully we can get a decent return on him. 

38 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

If you must know, Darnold suffered the most under pressure rating in NFL this season, per Yahoo.

That must have been because of early on.  The 2nd half or last 3rd of the season I think it was the OL was in the top half of the league on pressure rate so Sam was getting time as they started to gel.  He still stunk.

If we do go with a defensive hire I'd want Monken as the OC.  He'd be a great OC hire for our young QB whoever that may be.

2 hours ago, xenajets said:

Absolute bollocks if true. How can a professional Qb not be allowed to audible?! 

IIRC, in a game earlier in the year on a 4th and 1, Sam wanted to audible to a QB plunge. Instead he handed off and the RB was stopped short. After the game, Sam said he was not allowed to change the call. It may have been a one time thing or maybe gase did not want to have Sam change his plays at the line. We may never know if Sam was never allowed to audible at all or not. 

3 hours ago, xenajets said:

Darnold had checks not audibles. Audibles are what Elite level QBs do, changing from one formation to the next. There's a lot of trust involved with that and honestly Darnold wasn't ready for that but he was very good with his checks depending on looks. Week 1 vs Buffalo when he checked to the bubble screen for Crowder's TD is a good example of him making the correct check at the line. 

47 minutes ago, xrade said:

IIRC, in a game earlier in the year on a 4th and 1, Sam wanted to audible to a QB plunge. Instead he handed off and the RB was stopped short. After the game, Sam said he was not allowed to change the call. It may have been a one time thing or maybe gase did not want to have Sam change his plays at the line. We may never know if Sam was never allowed to audible at all or not. 

49ers game, Van Roten missed Fred Warner and we were stopped. If he blocks Warner we pick up the first. 

Thats an execution issue honestly but unfortunately our players were allowed to not execute because Gase would always get the blame. 

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

Daboll, Smith, Bieniemy?

Yes. I have Daboll as my 1. But I go back and forth on if I like Bienamy or Smith more as my 2nd option. I lean toward Bienamy but I don't want to be held to that. Bc I do at times think I's love Smith here.