2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

Jets- #2 overall, late 20s, #34 overall, two 3rds and potentially 2nd-3rd for Sam.  Lots of roster turnover and cap space can be attractive

Chargers- #13, 2nd round, two 3rd, already has franchise QB.  work on OL and defense

Texans- have Watson but I feel like they have a lot of work to do.  WR, RB, TE, OL and everything on defense plus no pick until round 3.

Falcons- #4 overall, probably taking whatever QB the Jets don't

Lions- #7 overall, may miss out on QBs, still have Stafford, if there is a franchise who has been a joke besides us and the Browns its the Lions.  I think they are the least attractive because they can miss out on a QB and still have Stafford.

All depends on what you want as a coach.  Do you want the franchise QB already in play? Texans have that but way too many holes, as Watson could only lead them to 4 wins.  Same with Herbert but they have a more complete team.  The Jets have a chance to pick your QB (minus Lawrence) and can pretty much build the team to the GM and HC liking. I am biased but I think we are a free agent CB, first round pass rusher and speedy LBs away from being a MUCH improved defense.  Grab your QB and then buy whatever you need in FA. 

Legit question, what makes the Chargers job so appealing?  Yes, they have a young QB who played well this year and a decent WR corp. They have Bosa or at least they have him when he is not hurt. They have $21M in space which is really closer to $14M if you take into account the draft. They have several FA they may need to resign like Henry, Pouncey and Lamp. Not sure who they can cut to save $. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Legit question, what makes the Chargers job so appealing?  Yes, they have a young QB who played well this year and a decent WR corp. They have Bosa or at least they have him when he is not hurt. They have $21M in space which is really closer to $14M if you take into account the draft. They have several FA they may need to resign like Henry, Pouncey and Lamp. Not sure who they can cut to save $. 

Chargers job definitely isnt the most attractive market.   I only think Jim Harbaugh would prefer Chargers to Jets simply because Pep Hamilton is their new franchise qb's coach. As for the rest of the team, they are kind of exchangeable.

15 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Chargers job definitely isnt the most attractive market.   I only think Jim Harbaugh would prefer Chargers to Jets simply because Pep Hamilton is their new franchise qb's coach. As for the rest of the team, they are kind of exchangeable.

Lol what? You think Harbaugh only wants the job because of Pep Hamilton and not Justin Herbert?

Chargers job is appealing Bc they have a QB in place. Just like HOU does. Everyone knows JAX will go TLaw so they in essence have a QB who they can sell.

I think it’s key for the sheets to have a clear plan at QB. To tell these HCs in an interview. They should be able to say what they will do at QB. And in all honesty a HC deserves the right to know if we are sticking with Darnold or not.

Whether we draft Fields or Wilson I understand not knowing that yet. But JDs mind should be made up on Darnold.

21 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Urban Meyer seeks 12m per season.   Too rich for Jaguars when their owner has controlled the roster.  Don't you think?

He's the 4th richest owner in all of the NFL and #12 across owners in every sport. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's the 4th richest owner in all of the NFL and #12 across owners in every sport. 

But is he also 4th most careless owner?    It is crazy to invest 12m in HC who never had at least job in NFL.  Not saying he isn't worth it but *whistling*.

Edited by JetsandI