2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Shaw checks so many boxes and is a true program builder.

90-36 Head Coaching record

Disciplined football coach

Right. If he's interested, he's high on my list. Big wins against ranked teams in the Pac over the years and run a style that would work on this level. 

Edited by rickyt31

Thank god now go get Joe Brady and have Marvin Lewis as DC and let Brady pick his OC because we all know he will call the plays and if Justin Fields lights up Bama like he did Clemson things could change fast. Then you add Urban Mayer looking to be picked as HC of Jacksonville and he recruited Fields. Could we end up with TLaw after all 

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

Thank god now go get Joe Brady and have Marvin Lewis as DC and let Brady pick his OC because we all know he will call the plays and if Justin Fields lights up Bama like he did Clemson things could change fast. Then you add Urban Mayer looking to be picked as HC of Jacksonville and he recruited Fields. Could we end up with TLaw after all 

Fields could work with Brady.

7 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Right. If he's interested, he's high on my list. Big wins against ranked teams in the Pac over the years and run a style that would work on this level. 

I hadn't considered him mainly because the job he has is a lifetime gig as long as he wants it. But if he's interested him and Harbaugh are my top guys. 

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I hadn't considered him mainly because the job he has is a lifetime gig as long as he wants it. But if he's interested him and Harbaugh are my top guys. 

Same. I'm starting to feel like someone like these two is the reason why we fired Gase so fast. Harbaugh was rumored to sign the contract and Shaw's recruiting class dropped like crazy from the season before. He's trying to ****** someone. 

6 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Same. I'm starting to feel like someone like these two is the reason why we fired Gase so fast. Harbaugh was rumored to sign the contract and Shaw's recruiting class dropped like crazy from the season before. He's trying to ****** someone. 

Sooner we get this done, sooner the staff can get built. When we hired Bowles we waited way too long and missed a lot of guys. 

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

So glad we didn't even wait until tomorrow.  Open the check book for Campbell and tell him he gets whatever he wants to come here.  He'll have his pick of a QB at 2 and can bring in his own staff.  Needs to be an offer he can't refuse.

Yes please. Really Really hope he will interview with us this time around (vs 2018)

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Sooner we get this done, sooner the staff can get built. When we hired Bowles we waited way too long and missed a lot of guys. 

Very true. Because we started the search a while back, I'm pretty sure JD has his guy in mind. If JD is trying to rebuild a Ravens/Steelers type of roster, Harbaugh and Shaw might be the best coaches for it compared to most of the other options. As I mentioned before, I'm open minded, but these two seem like a great fit.