2020 Baker thread

Kiwibrown

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

This isn’t a problem yet. However, I can see a future where WR’s don’t want to play with Baker. 

If you’re OBJ and Jarvis, why would you?

I wouldn't, but I do not think that attracting WRs will be an issue for us.

I am assuming that we will not be buyers in FA and finally will learn to draft and grow our own.

As for OBJ and Landry, they are gone...it's just a question of when.

35 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

This isn’t a problem yet. However, I can see a future where WR’s don’t want to play with Baker. 

If you’re OBJ and Jarvis, why would you?

Because they are doing what everyone on these boards is hoping--that he returns to his rookie year form. Im hoping for it, but Im not optimistic. At this point I wouldnt be suprised to see them decline his 5th year option especially since this regime has nothing invested in him.

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

Didn't he go to Boston College?

Not exactly a tropical paradise.

Literally talked about his BC time...

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

...I know he played at BC. His college splits, Nov is his worst month. Sub 60% passing and almost 1:1 TD to INT. Sept & Oct 60% or better and a lot better TD to INT ratio. He was blessed to have gone to a dome team IMO. Also his career record indoors is 59-30, outside 37-34. Retrace roof: 14-21 ( dont know if the roof was open or closed)

So playing at BC didn’t really make him a stud outdoors QB...

Talking about potential QB targets. I wouldn’t mind asking the Packers about Jordan Love. 

he spent a year being seasoned by Lafleur and his system. Actually think he is going to be a solid QB. He would be on that 1st rd QB contract   

I know they just drafted him but I would at least ask

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Talking about potential QB targets. I wouldn’t mind asking the Packers about Jordan Love. 

he spent a year being seasoned by Lafleur and his system. Actually think he is going to be a solid QB. He would be on that 1st rd QB contract   

I know they just drafted him but I would at least ask

Think I would take either of the GB QBs in a heartbeat at the right price.

9 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Think I would take either of the GB QBs in a heartbeat at the right price.

I honestly dont think anything is a real possibility this year. With Love I highly doubt they get rid of their own guy they handpicked to be Rodgers replacement.

Crazy idea, but say the Browns finish with the 15th-22nd pick in the draft i wouldnt be suprised if they did their homework on Lance/Trask

Edited by AkronsWitness

20 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I honestly dont think anything is a real possibility this year. With Love I highly doubt they get rid of their own guy they handpicked to be Rodgers replacement

Didn't say and don't think there is a real possibility, but hope springs eternal, except for lost causes.

I can't imagine GB letting Aaron go anywhere regardless of the Jordan Love draft pick.  Rodgers has so much good play left in him.  Such a bizarre pick.  By the time Rodgers plays really starts to decline, GB will have needed to make a decision on Love's 5th year option. 

Obviously if they justify the pick by dangling Rodgers out there, you go after him.  This isn't even about Mayfield.  He's just too good not too, and there would be no shortage of suitors.  He would be a guy you could plug in year 1 and in the right situation compete for a Super Bowl. 

6 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Talent means nothing if you don’t have a brain to go with it. Jamarcus Russell and Johnny had talent too. 

No they didn't. And the performance gap between Manziel/Russell and Baker is wider than the gap between Baker and Manning for gods sake. 

Bakers a low end starter with upside. Those guys were not top 100 NFL quarterbacks and were off a roster the second it was less embarrassing to cut them.