2020 Baker thread

Kiwibrown

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He just presses to feed him.

Cant happen in a good offense.  Open guy gets the ball, nothing else.

It's more than that though. 

A few times higgins wasn't open and Baker put the ball on the spot.

On the seem route on the last drive, he wasn't close to open. 

Perfect pass beat great coverage.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He just presses to feed him.

Cant happen in a good offense.  Open guy gets the ball, nothing else.

I think this is mostly it. But it's not wrong that OBJ runs inconsistent routes. I'll often watch him and go, did he half-@ss that? Then the next one he's like a freaking comet on a go. I think it's very possible that his inconsistency (while still being a very good player) is more of a problem for Mayfield than it would be for some QB's because of how much Mayfield depends on his accuracy. Like, does anyone think Eli Manning would have less trouble, since he didn't know exactly where the ball was going half the time anyway?

• Like 1

Today we saw what Baker can be in a real offensive system with good play calling. If the Haslam school of incompetent merry-go-round management  finally decides to practice what they preach about continuity, there's no reason he still can't develop into a top 15 starter in this league.

Edited by dawgdish

6 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

was this the best game a Browns QB has had since the return? 

Just might be. Crazy to think with the way that game started.  I noticed it when he went 10 complete passes in a row but didn’t notice it when he went for 20 in a row. Feel like he was making bigger passes than just completing them. It was crazy cause he was So off to start the game

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

If we keep Baker long term, Rashard Higgins needs to be on this team for 10+ years.

OBJ getting hurt is going to be the biggest thing for Baker and Higgins. Higgins becomes the #2 guy. 

now I am curious who takes OBJs spot on the roster. Switzer maybe?