2020 Baker thread

Kiwibrown

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s also clear the days of Higgins not getting PT needs to be a thing of the past.

He and Baker have chemistry, plain and simple.

I will never for the life of me understand why Higgins became not a thing. It was clear he and Baker had a connection since their rookie year.

Hodge over Higgins? Are we serious?

36 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

He wasn’t great at spreading the ball around today. But he delivered a game winning ball to a guy that up to this point his greatest achievement was people wanting to replace him as kick returner. Let that sink in. 

Just for reference, the “he wasn’t great at spreading the ball around today” was used for purpose. 

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

I will never for the life of me understand why Higgins became not a thing. It was clear he and Baker had a connection since their rookie year.

Hodge over Higgins? Are we serious?

It’s pretty clear he’s not doing something the coaches want, blocking, maybe he doesn’t know the offense well, idk, but at some point the production has to count for something.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s pretty clear he’s not doing something the coaches want, blocking, maybe he doesn’t know the offense well, idk, but at some point the production has to count for something.

Yeah being a better a catching footballs as a WR  has to count for something at some point hahaha

At some point though, other teams are going to realize Higgins is actually decent and will want to sign him in the offseason.  Browns aren't going to get to just play games with him during the offseason and leave him on the backburner.  They're going to have to commit to WR3 type of money and a multiyear deal to keep him from leaving. 

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

With that said, we won't get much for OBJ in a trade, IMO. Especially if his injury is that serious. I think we'd be lucky to get a third for him.

I'm not so sure. BB traded a 2nd for Mohamed Sanu. Here was his stat line last year at the time of the trade:

7 games, 6 starts, 42 tgt, 33 rec, 313 yd, 9.5 y/r, 1 td

Here is Odell's stat line right now:

6 games, 6 starts, 42 tgt, 23 rec, 319 yd, 13.9 y/r, 3 td

If someone is desperate enough, we can definitely get a 2nd, if not a little more.

If not seriously injured, trade him for a proven defensive piece and I am happy. Draft picks are nice and all but too much of a coin flip on if they actually pan out. I am sick and tired of watching this horrible D week in and week out - please get it some help. 

2 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:
2 hours ago, buno67 said:

It was a back sholder pass. It was the only spot where a play could be made on the ball. IMO on the deep passes. That’s where you want the ball. Best thing was he didn’t wait on it. He knew the coverage pre snap. Held the safety long enough with Hs eyes and then threw. The drive was prolly the most confident we have seen baker since ‘18

he was finding Hunt and the TEs today tho. Hunt and Bryant combined for 3TDs today. 

Yeah it was a great throw. 

Yeah it was a great throw and a better catch. Peoples-Jones showed great concentration on that as the defenders hand swatted between the ball and his eyes. It was the lowest percentage play of the drive imo though. Higgins catch was much tougher but that was Higgins or nobody. The TD pass had to pass through the defender.

7 hours ago, NateDawg said:

At some point though, other teams are going to realize Higgins is actually decent and will want to sign him in the offseason.  Browns aren't going to get to just play games with him during the offseason and leave him on the backburner.  They're going to have to commit to WR3 type of money and a multiyear deal to keep him from leaving. 

If he plays the next 9 weeks and shows he’s a decent starter, I honestly think they’ll pay him and move OBJ.

And by play well, mostly I mean Baker.  If he shows he’s better without OBJ.

Higgins, even on a new deal, saves a ton of cash, gains them an asset, and takes a ton of pressure off of Baker.

7 hours ago, MarkPrice25 said:

I'm not so sure. BB traded a 2nd for Mohamed Sanu. Here was his stat line last year at the time of the trade:

7 games, 6 starts, 42 tgt, 33 rec, 313 yd, 9.5 y/r, 1 td

Here is Odell's stat line right now:

6 games, 6 starts, 42 tgt, 23 rec, 319 yd, 13.9 y/r, 3 td

If someone is desperate enough, we can definitely get a 2nd, if not a little more.

Yeah all it takes is one team to think he’s the missing piece.

Contractually, he should be appealing if you think he’s still “that guy”.  15/yr for 3 years with no guaranteed money.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah all it takes is one team to think he’s the missing piece.

Contractually, he should be appealing if you think he’s still “that guy”.  15/yr for 3 years with no guaranteed money.

I don't think anyone has thought he was still "that guy" for a few years now. Been waiting for him to return to form, and he does flash, but he isn't year one or two OBJ and I doubt he ever will be. You certainly aren't getting that value.

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't think anyone has thought he was still "that guy" for a few years now. Been waiting for him to return to form, and he does flash, but he isn't year one or two OBJ and I doubt he ever will be. You certainly aren't getting that value.

Probably not, but I could see a day 2 pick as being reasonable.