GDT WEEK 5: Green Bay @ Dallas

WizardHawk

6 minutes ago, quiller said:

Lee being gone is a huge game changer  Smith needs way more time   Our D is built on contain and with out Lee to help set things and make the reads and tackles we can not contain

Right. If Lee had played in this game I think that would have been enough to change the outcome. Having to rely so much on his ability is telling though. 

If Dak hit Beasley on the 1st play at the end of the game there, I'm probably breaking **** because he likely scores. But that was a great game had me on the edge of my seat entire time. 1st half was a bit meh but 2nd half more than made up for it.

Im glad everyone is feeling the moral/ entertainment value of this loss. After all, it is only a game. But this is two weeks in a row now where we dominated early and failed to seal the victory.

Dont want to hear about Lee being out. Did you see the MASH unit GB put on the field?

Plain and simple, our coaches suck. They learn nothing from previously lost games. Give Rodgers 1 and 13 and a timeout???

After last year????

Our defense, especially our secondary BLOWS!!!!

I swear to Jesus Christ on his throne, if we go after another DB early in the frat I am burning all My Cowboys gear and taking up golf.

I HATE GOLF!

But I cannot see WASTING another pick in this area. They can't cover my grandmother and she has been dead for 10 years.

Its the same story on here though, moral victories, fantasy points, this guy looked good, that guy looked good, but we lost the frickin game in dramatic fashion again.

If I had to place the blame squarely on one person it would be Garrett. You know how piss poor your defense is. DO NOT give the QB that beat you late in the game last year in the playoffs ample time to score. 

He did and he did.

So, we go to 2-3. As many losses as we had all last year.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Now tell me how much you like our chances to compete.

46 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

We can compete with any team.

Winning is  a different story.

I really think a lot of it is scheme. Defensively, Marinelli was one of the greats, but his time has past. Expecting the team to make a switch now is unlikely, but if the defense doesn't improve and we fail to make the playoffs or if it costs us should we get in...he needs to go.

That was rough. Had to work so got home and watched the dvr. And as I'm watching I can just feel the game slipping away. 

Rodgers is too damn good. I can't think of another Qb I'd want to see less against us in the two minute drill. And it's a large margin. I kind of wish dak had slid at the 1. 

We need Lee back though as he's this D's backbone. He diagnosis plays quicker than just about anyone and I've gotta believe he gets to that RB earlier and jones doesn't gash us for over 120. 

On bright side dak made a lot of great throws ( though of course one of his two bad throws came at the end). And the other play That pick was pretty big though and was such a fluke play. 

Other big play was the tackle by gb gunner on play before that on that punt. Absolute boot and Switzer should have had a lot of room on the return, but cowboys still struggle in special teams. 

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I still believe that, but our defense might be the worst in the NFL. Dallas scores 30 and 31 points in consecutive weeks and we still lose both.

Didn't see a down.  Canadian Thanksgiving.  Not surprised though.  The defense couldn't come through in crunch time.  Gee, I haven't seen this before! The defense may be the worst in the NFL.  There is no way we contend with that unit.  Time to start addressing the DL early and often in upcoming drafts.  The sign another team's reject and he will be a star for us is not working.

8 minutes ago, Northland said:

Didn't see a down.  Canadian Thanksgiving.  Not surprised though.  The defense couldn't come through in crunch time.  Gee, I haven't seen this before! The defense may be the worst in the NFL.  There is no way we contend with that unit.  Time to start addressing the DL early and often in upcoming drafts.  The sign another team's reject and he will be a star for us is not working.

I honestly don't think it's a matter of personnel. Team was getting a steady pass rush but guys just weren't where they needed to be. Granted, some of that can be attributed to youth and inexperience, but still. It happens again and again and again. That's coaching and scheme. 

1 minute ago, Desperado82 said:

I honestly don't think it's a matter of personnel. Team was getting a steady pass rush but guys just weren't where they needed to be. Granted, some of that can be attributed to youth and inexperience, but still. It happens again and again and again. That's coaching and scheme. 

Then it's time for someone to go. What role, if any, does Garrett have in this?

10 minutes ago, Northland said:

He gets the benefit of a new set of coordinators every 2-4 years and persistent organizational backing. Because, you know, culture or whatever

13 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

He gets the benefit of a new set of coordinators every 2-4 years and persistent organizational backing. Because, you know, culture or whatever

13 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I'm tired of the yo yo seasons, and all the talk of it's a winning culture and the team plays hard for JG.  I want some consistency.  If consistency can't be delivered then change has to come.

1 minute ago, Northland said:

I'm tired of the yo yo seasons, and all the talk of it's a winning culture and the team plays hard for JG.  I want some consistency.  If consistency can't be delivered then change has to come.

I'm with you. I don't really know what Garrett even does, honestly. I guess he deserves credit for the commitment to drafting O-linemen. The rest of the stuff he's credited for seems rather vague.

59 minutes ago, Northland said:

Captain of the ship I guess? The team plays hard for him, doesn't quit, etc. Changed the culture, etc.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't move on from Garrett...just that I wouldn't be so quick to do so. That said, if Jerry & Stephen were to fire him...who do we bring in?

Archived