What movie are you watching?

Forge

I watched Vikander's Tomb Raider and thought it was the best video game adaptation I've seen in a while, but also a really solid introduction to what should have been a trilogy.  It wasn't great by any means, but it was a solid introduction to a character with a few really stupid gaffs (like her drawing an arrow against a helicopter towards the end as if that would do literally anything). 

If it was going to continue, I'd probably own it.  Since sequel plans were scrapped, I'll probably scrap the movie.  Not quite good enough as a one off to keep. 

I started watching the Suspiria remake last night.  It freaked me out too much.  Witches freak me the eff out in movies.  The Witch, Hereditary and now Suspiria have scared me more than any other horror movies in a long time.  I call it the icky creepy because it's the type of creepy where you feel gross just watching it and you get this helpless feeling.  They just really creep me out. 

36 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I watched Vikander's Tomb Raider and thought it was the best video game adaptation I've seen in a while, but also a really solid introduction to what should have been a trilogy.  It wasn't great by any means, but it was a solid introduction to a character with a few really stupid gaffs (like her drawing an arrow against a helicopter towards the end as if that would do literally anything). 

If it was going to continue, I'd probably own it.  Since sequel plans were scrapped, I'll probably scrap the movie.  Not quite good enough as a one off to keep. 

I started watching the Suspiria remake last night.  It freaked me out too much.  Witches freak me the eff out in movies.  The Witch, Hereditary and now Suspiria have scared me more than any other horror movies in a long time.  I call it the icky creepy because it's the type of creepy where you feel gross just watching it and you get this helpless feeling.  They just really creep me out. 

I enjoyed the movie as well. Surprised they scraped a sequel as it did gross 274 mill on a 94 mill budget.

Edited by Fresh Prince

On 2/8/2019 at 7:30 AM, Marc MacGyver said:

Binge watching John Wayne films...

Rio Bravo (1959)

The Searches (1956)

El Dorado (1966)

Rooster Cogburn (1975)

The Horse Soldiers (1959)

The Man Who Shot  Valance (1962)

The Comancheros (1961)

War Wagon (1967)

McLintock (1963)

I seriously think I enjoy John Wayne in a Western more than Clint Eastwood. 

Man who shot Liberty Valance is such a dynamite film.  That line from the reporter at the end of the film still resonates so damned much in today's society.  

Jimmy Stewart AND John Wayne (and Lee Marvin).  Sign me up.  Not to mention, some of the greatest character actors from movies, old time radio and early tv.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Bohemian Rhapsody was basically a bland run off the mill biopic until the last 25 minutes. The Live Aid performance was epic. Malik deserves a Oscar nod, but even in a weak year, he doesnt deserve to win and the movie shouldnt even be nominated for best picture.

Thoroughly disagree, Straight Outta Compton or Notrious would be considered bland. Personally I thought it was a great movie. 

59 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Thoroughly disagree, Straight Outta Compton or Notrious would be considered bland. Personally I thought it was a great movie. 

Were you a big fan of Queen before you saw the movie? I feel like nostalgia is the only reason this movie is well liked. Nothing really stands out about the movie. It was choppy. The movie is very inaccurate, but it showed them playing We Will Rock You and Bohemian Rhapsody, so yay!

1 hour ago, devils1854 said:

Were you a big fan of Queen before you saw the movie? I feel like nostalgia is the only reason this movie is well liked. Nothing really stands out about the movie. It was choppy. The movie is very inaccurate, but it showed them playing We Will Rock You and Bohemian Rhapsody, so yay!

Yes I was but I'm curious were you?

Since when are biopics ever accurate to any degree outside from the names and places they were at. You could pull up 10 biopics from any genre and 9 out of 10 will more then likely be highly inaccurate.