What movie are you watching?

Forge

How do the alien and predator movies stand up after all this time? Are the dated? Are they decent outside of nostalgia? I’ve only ever seen AVP and the new two that aren’t directly about aliens or whatever and I’m thinking about watching them 

3 hours ago, Tyty said:

How do the alien and predator movies stand up after all this time? Are the dated? Are they decent outside of nostalgia? I’ve only ever seen AVP and the new two that aren’t directly about aliens or whatever and I’m thinking about watching them 

I really do hate you.  

If you’ve seen Die Hard and enjoyed it, neither Predator nor Aliens should feel dated to you.  If you haven’t seen Die Hard don’t even ask questions like this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

If you’ve seen Die Hard and enjoyed it, neither Predator nor Aliens should feel dated to you.  If you haven’t seen Die Hard don’t even ask questions like this.

I asked about alien and predator not some movie about hippies having difficulty tie-dying shirts and stuff

19 minutes ago, Tyty said:

I asked about alien and predator not some movie about hippies having difficulty tie-dying shirts and stuff

Predator is must watch.  

Alien is superior to Aliens, but a lot of people won’t see it that way.  You might think it’s dated.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Predator is must watch.  

Alien is superior to Aliens, but a lot of people won’t see it that way.  You might think it’s dated.

agree on both counts

I actually like Alien 3 better than Aliens though

3 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

agree on both counts

I actually like Alien 3 better than Aliens though

I wouldn’t fight anyone on that.  I love Aliens, but not the way I love Predator, Die Hard, T2, The Thing, etc.  Take Newt out ofAliens and it’s probably better than Alien, but that franchise is best with a claustrophobic setting and one seemingly unkillable threat.  Then again, the alien queen was an epic moment and iconic villain.

• Like 2

On 5/11/2020 at 3:47 AM, Forge said:

I just watched triple frontier, so I suppose I'll give this a watch next. Haven't been all in on the bigger Netflix flicks as of yet. None have been super great. They all just seen mostly okay.

I thought Extraction was great!

I watched the first 10 minutes of The Replacements. It's crazy how much my views have changed.

The movie does everything possible to get the audience to side with the owners. I wouldn't be surprised if this was funded strictly by NFL owners to make NFL players look like incompetent, greedy *******s for wanting their fair share.

Young me ate that **** up.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I watched the first 10 minutes of The Replacements. It's crazy how much my views have changed.

The movie does everything possible to get the audience to side with the owners. I wouldn't be surprised if this was funded strictly by NFL owners to make NFL players look like incompetent, greedy *******s for wanting their fair share.

Young me ate that **** up.

That’s the prettiest players will ever look again too. No professional sports league will ever agree to making a movie again unless they have creative control. Same with biographical movies about music acts, the facts will be altered or neglected to make them not look like bastards 

• Like 1

Watched the first Men in Black for the first time in years. Will Smith and TLJ literally steal the show with their contrasting personalities and interesting character arcs its PQ still holds up fairly well 23 years later. Never a dull moment. Oh and Lara Flynn Boyle pre-surgery, dayum. 

Sad about

the cat

, though.

Spenser Confidential was a solid watch. They needed to flesh out Wahlberg's main character a little more though. This would have made a good sequel to the stuff from the flashbacks in this more so than an original movie where we got some character development.  I'll be on board if they want to make a sequel out of the end if the movie.

Triple Frontier had a good premise and good lead up but I think they struggled to tie it together in the third act.  I enjoyed it, glad I watched it, not sure if I'll ever watch it again though. A solid B-.

Edited by THE DUKE