What movie are you watching?

Forge

I don’t even...

Anyway, I watched Final Prayer last night.  That movie had a tremendous setup.  If it had done something a little different with the final two minutes I think I might have loved it.  Still a pretty solid found footage horror.  Probably top ten found footage horror movie ever if you’re into that sort of thing.

Don’t know if it’s the virus or what, but I’ve been watching nothing but horror with a preference for cosmic horror.

I’ve probably already seen it, but if you’ve got any good cosmic horror recommendations I’m ready for them.

The more existential dread and Lovecraftian the better.  

13 hours ago, Melbourne 9er said:

Watched Once Were Warriors. My heart is beating 10 times faster than before the movie. Need a real thick hide to watch this. It's unbelievable in it's rawness.

I watched this movie when I was like 13-14. Glad the dad was able to get his revenge 

I freakin loved Doctor Sleep. Im not the biggest King fan, so Ive never read the book(s). I thought it brought just enough nostalgia to the movie, but ultimately carved its own path. Mike Flanigan is damn good. Rewatching Hill House on Neflix now.

• Like 1

Has there been a single actor in the history of cinema with better lines of dialogue than Kurt Russell? 

Really makes you wonder if he doesn't have some improvisation in his films to have this many great lines of dialogue. 

"You ask about horses again and I'll slap you red."

"Yeah, *** you, too!"

Why don’t we just… wait here for a little while… see what happens?

Cheating *****.  

‘Cause when I left yesterday, I turned the lights off.  

We’re gonna draw a little bit of everybody’s blood…

…Blood from one of you Things won’t obey when it’s attacked.  It’ll try and survive… Crawl away from a hot needle, say.  

I know I’m human.  

Nobody… Nobody trusts anybody now, and we’re all very tired.  

Somebody in this camp ain’t what he appears to be.  

Tell you what - why don’t you just trust in the Lord?  

Now I’ll show you what I already know.  

Then I’ll have to kill you, Childs.  

We gotta burn the rest of ‘em.  

For your health!  

Anybody touches me, and we go.  

It should be somebody a little more even-tempered, Childs.  

Poor baby, you’re starting to lose it.  

I’m tired of talkin’, Fuchs.  I just wanna get up to my shack and get drunk.  

Anyone messes with me… and the whole camp goes. 

Give my regards to King Tut, ***hole.

Your friends might get me in a rush, but not before I make your head into a canoe, you understand me?

Get a new President.

You tell 'em I'm coming, and hell's coming with me.  You hear?  Hell's coming with me!

Watched Snowpiercer over the weekend.

Cool concept, but like there was a lot of unfulfilled potential. I felt each train car could and should have been explored and expanded upon. After the school car, the entire concept gets pushed aside. IDK. Overall it was pretty fun. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Cool concept, but like there was a lot of unfulfilled potential. I felt each train car could and should have been explored and expanded upon. After the school car, the entire concept gets pushed aside. IDK. Overall it was pretty fun. 

I've thought about the bug meal scene/concept more than a few times over the past week or so as meat has become more scarce. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, animaltested said:

• Like 1

Watching the Extended Cut Blu-Ray of LOTR: Return of the King. Not much needs to be said other than it does the impossible and improves upon perfection. This is a trilogy worth owning twice (theatrical on DVD and extended on Blu-Ray), they're just that damn good.

Edited by KManX89

4 hours ago, animaltested said:

That's what I'm hoping the show does. It's episodic so there's no real reason to not do it.

• Like 1