What movie are you watching?

Forge

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

That's what I'm hoping the show does. It's episodic so there's no real reason to not do it.

Imagine if there’s 8 seasons of them just fighting through one train

Watched You've Got Mail for the first time in a long time and it holds up still.  It starts off super hokey leaning into the technology of the time, but once it gets into the story it just takes off.  It's just so damn charming.  Tom Hanks at his best, Meg Ryan will never be more lovely, a great soundtrack to tug at the heartstrings, and solid direction from Ephron.  Despite the terribly dated beginning, the heart of the story is timeless.

• Like 1

Head Count could have been super cool.  It’s better than its 5.3 IMDB rating, but not by much.  

I am giving a bunch of horror movies with IMDB ratings below 6.0 a shot.  There has to be another one like Last Shift out there somewhere.

Bleed for This was friggin' terrible. How are you going to try and tell a dude's real life story, using names and event locations that actually happened, but you build your own timeline for it? If I was Vinny Paz, I'd be pissed. If you're going to create your own timeline, then don't use friggin' real life stuff. Make your own damn movie with different character names using Vinny's story as inspiration.

THEY EVEN CHANGED THE RESULT OF THE DELE-PAZIENZA FIGHT! Yes, Paz won, but it was a ref stoppage in the last round, not a cold knockout in round 2! They also said something about him coming off 3 losses in a row. Pazienza didn't lose back-to-back fights until 1999 FFS and he never lost 3 in a row, period. So god damn stupid.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

The family watched Spider-Man: Homecoming last night.  The humor in this really holds up for me, so it's enjoyable on repeat after repeat.  The Cap videos and the gym teachers side comments are just hilarious. I liked the lower stakes of this one vs Far From Home, although I get why FFH had to go the way it did following Endgame, and although the action and drama aren't the best of the MCU, it's still captivating enough to hold your attention and draw you in.  I need to re-watch Far From Home soon, so I can compare the both of them on the re-watch.

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Bleed for This was friggin' terrible. How are you going to try and tell a dude's real life story, using names and event locations that actually happened, but you build your own timeline for it? If I was Vinny Paz, I'd be pissed. If you're going to create your own timeline, then don't use friggin' real life stuff. Make your own damn movie with different character names using Vinny's story as inspiration.

THEY EVEN CHANGED THE RESULT OF THE DELE-PAZIENZA FIGHT! Yes, Paz won, but it was a ref stoppage in the last round, not a cold knockout in round 2! They also said something about him coming off 3 losses in a row. Pazienza didn't lose back-to-back fights until 1999 FFS and he never lost 3 in a row, period. So god damn stupid.

You are sounding like me now only if it was a movie I cared about. 

But this is one of the reasons why I have zero interest in true story movies.  I have virtually zero interest in them.  If the story is worth telling, tell the story that happened is what I always say. 

• Like 1

I just watched Bloodshot. Wow, talk about a mess. The plot is all over the place. It constantly jumps from A to B to G with almost no character development. For starters, they never explained why

Jimmy hated Ray so much.

And it was so predictable that, if you've seen the trailer, you pretty much know the whole story going in. Add on top of that the use of cheesy CGI/wire action scenes and constant jump cuts and shaky cams (ugh), and you have a bad movie. Not even "so bad it's good", just plain bad.

Oh, and I could definitely feel there were shots edited out to avoid an R rating while watching this. Not that it would've saved the movie, but it surely didn't help.

7 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

You are sounding like me now only if it was a movie I cared about. 

But this is one of the reasons why I have zero interest in true story movies.  I have virtually zero interest in them.  If the story is worth telling, tell the story that happened is what I always say. 

I typically don't like true story movies either but Jesus H. Christ, how are you going to say, that an event that happened in 1994, happened in 1990? They never clearly stated it but, with how they broke down the timeline and the time that passed, it implied that the first Duran fight happened in 1990, which would imply that Paz broke his neck in 1989 (when he broke it in 1991) lol. They completely made up a real life time line to tell a story more "dramatically" because there's no appeal, I guess, to a guy coming back from a broken neck to box some random fighter in a non-title fight. Just a complete and utter ****show of a movie. I do my damnedest to not get pissed off at movies but this one had me heated lol.

Edited by beekay414

On 5/6/2020 at 8:14 AM, theJ said:

The Patriot

That scene at the beginning where he and his two young kids ravage those 20 soldiers.  Lord.

This is why I don’t like to watch war movies without Mel Gibson in them and/or directing them.  Mel Gibson doesn’t hold back, and I don’t think I would ever watch a war movie that didn’t at least show gratuitous violence.  War isn’t pretty and it isn’t PG-13.  

The Patriot is closer to fantasy than historically accurate, but at least it does a decent job of depicting what the war might have looked like (as far as Guerrilla tactics).

• Like 1

Also, I’m watching Hostiles now.  I bought it like a year ago and I’ve finally put off trying to find horror movies I haven’t seen that might be worth watching.  At least for tonight.  Early indication is that it’s probably the best PURE Western of the 2010s.  Django Unchained felt more like a Western comic book movie, Bone Tomahawk was a Western thriller.

EDIT: It was good, not great and a little underwhelming.  Definitely worth a watch as there are so few good Westerns these days, but just felt like something was missing.

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 1