What movie are you watching?

Forge

First of all, James Gunn listed five perfect movies.  They were:

Back to the Future
Chinatown
Rashomon
Back to the Future
The Thing

So y'all can suck it.  But that's not about that.  It's about people giving him a hard time for a "plot hole" in Back to the Future. 

I swear to God one of my biggest complaints with fans is their incessant need to find plot holes.  99.999999% of alleged plot holes aren't plot holes, they're unintelligent and non-creative morons whining. 

The alleged plot hole is why Marty's parents don't recognize Marty.  Chris Pratt was much more kind in his response than I would have been, but people are too stupid to realize that over 20 years of their son growing, they might have noticed an eerie resemblance to the kid they knew 20-30 years ago, but how many people honestly even remember anyone they went to school with, much less anyone they went to school with for a week, 20-30 years later?

99.9999% of plot holes can be explained if you just have a tiny bit of imagination. 

I just Googled biggest plot holes. 

Shawshank Redemption - Poster being on there perfectly after Andy crawls through the tunnel.  Pretty sure he could have hardened the back of the poster with readily available items from a prison and used an adhesive and let the air flow suck the adhesive to the wall. 

Obi-Wan taking Luke to Tattooine being stupid because Darth Vader would surely look on his home planet.  Seriously?  Luke has family on Tattooine, it probably is literally the last place Anakin would look, and Anakin didn't even know his children survived.  

The Dark Knight Rises - Apparently a complaint is that the cops went from the sewer to looking all cleaned up too quickly.  If you were trapped in a sewer for 5 months what is the first thing you would do?  Personally, I'd take a ****ing shower and change my ****ing clothes.  Another one is that Bruce Wayne is too recognizable to just pretend to be dead.  There are 10 billion examples of celebrities talking about how people say, "You look just like..." That's not a plot hole.  A billionaire dying would last in someone's mind for a day and then they'd forget all about him. 

A Quiet Place - People have a problem with how they laid the sand down in the first place like are you ****ing kidding me? 

And the biggest one is Titanic.  Jack could have fit on the door.  Are you all literally braindead?  He got on there and the ****ing door started sinking.  Like how braindead are you to think that's a plot hole? 

TL;DR

Any plot hole you think there is there probably isn't.  Try me. 

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 1

What’s worse about BTTF is that there was no photo of Marty from when he went back in time. He wasn’t in the yearbook, there’s no cell phones, facebooks. I’m sure it would be easy to forget the face of someone you haven’t seen in 30 years. Sure he could look similar and they might remember a small detail of how he looked.

On 4/22/2020 at 12:48 PM, animaltested said:

Man Hong Kong & Taiwan action movies from the 1980s - early 1990s go so damn hard. Literally no regard for the safety of the extras, stunt people, the set, etc. So Dope.

Bad Boys II not even trying to hide ripping that scene off.

I just got done rewatching Bumblebee on Blu-Ray and am once again reminded why this is far and away the best live-action Transformers movie ever and why the reigns to the franchise should permanently be given to Travis Knight. Not only is the action coherently shot and the story actually focusing on the Transformers, but this is the only live-action Transformers movie apart from maybe the first that made me feel anything for the human characters as well. I loved the struggles between Charlie's personal life and keeping Bumblebee by her side and the growth of her and Bumblebee's characters throughout the film.

Some of the cheesy humor we've come to expect is still there, but all-in-all, it's a more-than-suitable compromise and a genuinely entertaining film.

On 4/22/2020 at 10:38 PM, Outpost31 said:

First of all, James Gunn listed five perfect movies.  They were:

Back to the Future
Chinatown
Rashomon
Back to the Future
The Thing

So y'all can suck it.  But that's not about that.  It's about people giving him a hard time for a "plot hole" in Back to the Future. 

I swear to God one of my biggest complaints with fans is their incessant need to find plot holes.  99.999999% of alleged plot holes aren't plot holes, they're unintelligent and non-creative morons whining. 

The alleged plot hole is why Marty's parents don't recognize Marty.  Chris Pratt was much more kind in his response than I would have been, but people are too stupid to realize that over 20 years of their son growing, they might have noticed an eerie resemblance to the kid they knew 20-30 years ago, but how many people honestly even remember anyone they went to school with, much less anyone they went to school with for a week, 20-30 years later?

99.9999% of plot holes can be explained if you just have a tiny bit of imagination. 

I just Googled biggest plot holes. 

Shawshank Redemption - Poster being on there perfectly after Andy crawls through the tunnel.  Pretty sure he could have hardened the back of the poster with readily available items from a prison and used an adhesive and let the air flow suck the adhesive to the wall. 

Obi-Wan taking Luke to Tattooine being stupid because Darth Vader would surely look on his home planet.  Seriously?  Luke has family on Tattooine, it probably is literally the last place Anakin would look, and Anakin didn't even know his children survived.  

The Dark Knight Rises - Apparently a complaint is that the cops went from the sewer to looking all cleaned up too quickly.  If you were trapped in a sewer for 5 months what is the first thing you would do?  Personally, I'd take a ****ing shower and change my ****ing clothes.  Another one is that Bruce Wayne is too recognizable to just pretend to be dead.  There are 10 billion examples of celebrities talking about how people say, "You look just like..." That's not a plot hole.  A billionaire dying would last in someone's mind for a day and then they'd forget all about him. 

A Quiet Place - People have a problem with how they laid the sand down in the first place like are you ****ing kidding me? 

And the biggest one is Titanic.  Jack could have fit on the door.  Are you all literally braindead?  He got on there and the ****ing door started sinking.  Like how braindead are you to think that's a plot hole? 

TL;DR

Any plot hole you think there is there probably isn't.  Try me. 

How did nobody in Madison Square Garden notice a large glowing energy force enter Patrick Ewing’s body while he was on the court in Space Jam? 

Just now, dtait93 said:

How did nobody in Madison Square Garden notice a large glowing energy force enter Patrick Ewing’s body while he was on the court in Space Jam? 

It was invisible to everyone and/or they thought it was a trick of the lighting. 

You unimaginitive swine. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KManX89 said:

I just got done rewatching Bumblebee on Blu-Ray and am once again reminded why this is far and away the best live-action Transformers movie ever and why the reigns to the franchise should permanently be given to Travis Knight. Not only is the action coherently shot and the story actually focusing on the Transformers, but this is the only live-action Transformers movie apart from maybe the first that made me feel anything for the human characters as well. I loved the struggles between Charlie's personal life and keeping Bumblebee by her side and the growth of her and Bumblebee's characters throughout the film.

Some of the cheesy humor we've come to expect is still there, but all-in-all, it's a more-than-suitable compromise and a genuinely entertaining film.

John Cena is the worst casting in all 6 Transformers movies. He makes DwayneJohnson look like DDL. 

1 hour ago, fluhartz said:

watched Psycho the other night for the first time in forever...  the wife had never seen it... such a good movie. 

I just wish i could have watched it without knowing everything about it when i did.

Narratively, it had to be very unexpected at the time

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I just wish i could have watched it without knowing everything about it when i did.

Narratively, it had to be very unexpected at the time

me too.. and yes.. in 1960, I am sure that **** was nuts

10 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I dont think I can finish The Lighthouse

good cinematography though

it was a different movie... just nuts

I loved the witch, but didn't think this was even close.. but yeah, nice to look at.. 

• Like 1