What movie are you watching?

Forge

Watched the Extended Cut of The Town. I think this is hands down Ben Affleck's best movie. Not necessarily his best-directed film, but the best film he's starred in. Everyone turns in an A performance here. Even Blake Lively, who everyone is convinced can't act for squat, is decent. I especially loved Jon Hamm's character, he absolutely nails the hot-headed FBI agent. This movie held my interest from start to finish with some nice twists and turns along the way and great shootout scenes to boot.

If you like crime/heist movies, then this is a must watch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Watched the Extended Cut of The Town. I think this is hands down Ben Affleck's best movie. Not necessarily his best-directed film, but the best film he's starred in. Everyone turns in an A performance here. Even Blake Lively, who everyone is convinced can't act for squat, is decent. I especially loved Jon Hamm's character, he absolutely nails the hot-headed FBI agent. This movie held my interest from start to finish with some nice twists and turns along the way and great shootout scenes to boot.

If you like crime/heist movies, then this is a must watch.

Superb film. Jeremy Renner took the top off in it. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Watching the original Nightmare on Elm Street. Not a big fan of the sequels, reboot or any of the F13th movies, but the original is a horror classic. 

The only Nightmare on Elm St movies worth watching are:

Original
New Nightmare
Freddy vs Jason

My personal favorite is Freddy Vs Jason.  I've seen maybe - MAYBE - two Friday the 13th movies in my life and hate the stupidity of that character, but Freddy Vs Jason is my favorite for a number of reasons:

1. The idea of a connected horror universe done well is something that I would kill for, so seeing two horror icons (even if I don't care at all about one of them) is awesome. 

2. They turned it into an action horror comedy and didn't try to take themselves too seriously, so it makes it fun. 

New Nightmare was great, too.  A little dated, but one of the most inventive ways to reinvent a horror franchise. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Original
New Nightmare
Freddy vs Jason

My personal favorite is Freddy Vs Jason.  I've seen maybe - MAYBE - two Friday the 13th movies in my life and hate the stupidity of that character, but Freddy Vs Jason is my favorite for a number of reasons:

1. The idea of a connected horror universe done well is something that I would kill for, so seeing two horror icons (even if I don't care at all about one of them) is awesome. 

2. They turned it into an action horror comedy and didn't try to take themselves too seriously, so it makes it fun. 

New Nightmare was great, too.  A little dated, but one of the most inventive ways to reinvent a horror franchise. 

I absolutely love Freddy vs Jason. I dont really think of it as a horror movie. Its really an action film. I wish they could have done that sequel and brought in all the other iconic horror characters.

• Like 2

The Adjustment Bureau

Man, this really is one of the most forgotten movies of this past decade. It is so good. Emily Blunt is gorgeous and charming. She's perfect. This is also peak Matt Damon....playing Matt Damon...in a Matt Damon movie. He owns it here though. John Slattery, Anthony Mackie, Michael Kelly, Terrance Stamp. Great cast. The movie just had such a cool concept, and they landed it pretty well.

3 hours ago, devils1854 said:

I absolutely love Freddy vs Jason. I dont really think of it as a horror movie. Its really an action film. I wish they could have done that sequel and brought in all the other iconic horror characters.

yeah i agree

it was so much fun.

it didnt need to be scary

it was a fanboy film and it succeeded

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Original
New Nightmare
Freddy vs Jason

Friday the 13th rankings imo (best to worst)

6: Jason Lives

4: the final chapter

F13 part 2

Jason vs Freddy

5: A new beginning

F13 remake

F13 part 3

jason X

7: the new blood

8: jason takes Mannhattan

part 1 (the original)

Jason Goes to Hell

The family watched Dr Strange tonight.  It holds up so well. One of the best scores in the MCU, fantastic visuals, good acting, and I think Kaisilius gets a little undersold as a villain.  He's not top tier, but he was a solid orgin movie villain and they set up Mordo so well for the sequels.  Can't wait for Multiverse of Madness.