What movie are you watching?

Forge

On 4/25/2020 at 3:57 PM, Malfatron said:

I watched Space Jam for the first time ever a month ago or so

I thought it would be horrible, but I enjoyed it quite a bit

We watched it with the kids a few weeks back.  It has really bad ratings on IMDB and elsewhere, but if you take it for what it is, it's entertaining.

• Like 1

I’m watching Await Further Instructions.

Production quality is pretty low, but I’m enjoying it.  My type of movie.  Single location, trapped in a room type horror.  Wonder why it’s so low on IMDB.  Hopefully I’m not walking into a trap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I bought this, but I haven’t gotten around to watching it.  Not feeling the Western genre at all right now.

Truthfully I’m not either but a coworker of mine suggested it.

Give it a try, I think you’ll be surprised...Rosamund Pike does a great job as well.

Anybody see any of the double features Edgar Wright has been posting each day on twitter?

So far I've done 

Raising Arizona / Evil Dead 2
After Hours / Into the Night
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot / The Big Lebowski

Next I think I'll do either American Graffiti / Animal House or The Bird with the Crystal Plumage / Dressed to Kill

Watched Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge after getting my pre-ordered copy in the mail yesterday. I pre-ordered it mainly for the gore and fatalities (true Mortal Kombat at last), but the story held my interest just enough to keep me entertained when limbs weren't flying. There was just enough of a balance between development and screentime for each of the characters and fight scenes and when they're on, they do not disappoint. The choreography and, perhaps most importantly, the fatalities are excellent.

Say what you will about the 1995 movie and/or its sh!tty sequel (calling it sh!tty is a bit of an understatement), this is the way Mortal Kombat is and was always supposed to be. Here's hoping they at least do a half-decent job with the live-action reboot, can't wait to see them gory fatalities in live-action that we should've gotten in '95 (though I understand why they thought it was too much of a financial liability at the time).