What movie are you watching?

Forge

The Lovebirds was about as vanilla and forgettable as a movie could get. Issa Rae seems like a really likable person in real life but I just do not find her very funny on screen and it seems like some kingmaker somewhere has decided she is the next big comedic actress. If anything she should be a writer and / or more serious on screen presence. Kumail on the other hand is very funny but I prefer him as part of an ensemble like Silicon Valley rather than carrying a film. He is best when playing off another character like Gilfoyle in Silicon Valley. This movie they tried to do that but Rae just isnt funny enough IMO.  

20 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

The Lovebirds was about as vanilla and forgettable as a movie could get. Issa Rae seems like a really likable person in real life but I just do not find her very funny on screen and it seems like some kingmaker somewhere has decided she is the next big comedic actress. If anything she should be a writer and / or more serious on screen presence. Kumail on the other hand is very funny but I prefer him as part of an ensemble like Silicon Valley rather than carrying a film. He is best when playing off another character like Gilfoyle in Silicon Valley. This movie they tried to do that but Rae just isnt funny enough IMO.  

After watching about 45 mins of Stuber about a month ago, I made the choice to never watch anything this dude is in again. He is awful and not funny.

Also, Bautista had the acting presence of a shriveled up slug in that movie. 

• Like 1

After watching about 45 mins of Stuber about a month ago, I made the choice to never watch anything this dude is in again. He is awful and not funny.

I guess I am basing him being funny on his Silicon Valley character and nothing else, so my statement may have been pretty narrow. And even then I found Gilfoyle funnier. 

8 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I guess I am basing him being funny on his Silicon Valley character and nothing else, so my statement may have been pretty narrow. And even then I found Gilfoyle funnier. 

I need to get back to that show. Ive watched two seasons. Damn good, but I never thought he really stood out. He's the weakest link in the group imo. I dont know if Ive really seen him in anything else other than a bit part here and there.

20 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

because he is the best part of the show. Love that show btw 

• Like 2

Uncut Gems. Man that was good, but I was anxious the entire movie. Whew.

Adam Sandler was good in it. I don't know that I care enough that he was snubbed, but he was good. KG was surprisingly good too for his first role. 

• Like 1

I just watched the very first Highlander movie. I've been curious about this one for quite some time as the first one has something of a cult following while I heard the sequels are complete trash. Low and behold, I saw it was on Prime Vid, so I watched it, and yes, it was everything I heard it was: cheesy, over-the-top and, at times, tonally inconsistent. It has a hard time deciding if it wants to be a gothic/noir horror, fantasy film or contemporary drama. Holy sh!t, it's all over the place, and I didn't like it that much.

It's a "tolerable" one-off, I guess, but nothing I would want to rewatch, and if this is seriously the best the franchise has to offer, I probably wouldn't like the sequels, either just based off everything I've heard.

Finally got around to rewatching Spiderman: Far From Home and like most of the MCU, it really holds up well.  I appreciate the Mysterio backstory even more with knowing what's coming the second time around. The big holographic scene where Peter tries to warn Fury was a great CGI sequence.  Holland is rock solid in the role as always, and I like Zendaya's take on MJ.  This also has one of the better scores of all the MCU movies from Michael Giacchino, particularly the love theme which is sprinkled throughout. 

After rewatching both this and Homecoming recently, I'm really not sure which I'd rate higher, but I have both in the top half of the MCU.